Lenka who?

Lenka Kripac!

It is such bliss to sink into Lenka’s world over a rainy day and a hot chocolate drink...ah, it makes my day!

Just last weekend, Lenka made her pit stop at 1Utama accompanied by her five-piece band from the States.

Nothing new, the showcase was fashionably late.

The first opening act was by a Singaporean dude named Alif whose has the waist of 30cm. A fun fact bought to you by Ben and Phat Fabes. His first song was...erm, unmemorable enough for me to remember. He didn’t ring a single bell to me, not until he performed his single ‘ Sayang Sayang’, which apparently has downloaded up to 500, 000 online. Nooow I know...



Also presence was our local veteran Amy Mastura. She sang two songs from her new album while she was at it. She just didn’t seem to grow any older! Still cheeky and mischievous as always.


About an hour later, the much awaited Lenka and her band made an entrance on stage. She donned on this really cute tomato sun dress, with a light, translucent black crop top, and her freshly painted nails and newly bought rose ring from Forever 21 (she secretly told me that) had indeed freshen up the crowd and brighten the stage. She even had all those crafty props for her instruments!


She kicked start with ‘Trouble is a friend’ followed up by ‘Dangerous and Sweet.’ And of course ‘The Show’ which has been making waves on the air lately and her parting song of the day was called ‘We will never grow old.’ It might be true in her case. With her sharp and youthful features, I wouldn’t have known she is already 31 years old!

She proved to be more than just a pretty face. You see, she made blowing the trumpet looks easy and playing the tambourine looks beautiful.

Above all, I adore her elements in music- slight gypsy-liked, fresh with chirpy tunes and paper art. “I’m really into craft styles, things looking a bit badly done and childlike on purpose.” said Lenka. That’s her, that’s Lenka.

She started off being a Down Under indie singer. But when things started going notice on radios and TV, they go mainstream if you know what I mean. I guess it is still a business at the end of the day. But like Azhan said, by heart, she is still an indie to all of us.

Her songs are whimsical like the chocolate and mustard. It makes me want to lick a Popsicle and take a Polaroid. *wink*

3 comments:

jeanne said...

syok la u.....
have 4 free ticket passes also don't ajak me..
haha..

EVo said...

Aww lenka looks so sweet. wish i could've made it there myself! next time ajak ok? will u b going for mtv world stage?

cyan_loh said...

babe!!! U have a blog? Finally huh :)) dont so kecil hati la.. i gave to my fren as birthday gift maar..

YES dude!! Im going to mtv world stage. I got the mosh pit ticket!! woots woots :) will you be going ar?