The fluke and the flux

This is what happened when spontaneity took hold of our trip.

To make the story short, very short - our estimation was miscalculated and this led to one thing after another. We were this close, this close of not making it back in time. If not for some who have important lectures and presentations to attend the next morning, we would have pulled over for another night. So it was a matter of die die also has to go back. But yeah, what an adventure!

Still without any doubt, it was a rejuvenating trip with things that I simply enjoy doing.



#1. What makes up a good trip is good food. From the famous claypot chicken rice, Hong Kong style Chee Cheong Fun, to cooling Cendol and curry laksa fish noodle. My ambition was to hunt for the best food in town to feed my gastronomic craving!



#2. Star gazing! What bowled me over was, the sky was sparklingly clear, the moon was beautifully bright, and the stars were dazzling. That moment, was amazingly breathtaking! In the city there is too much of pollution to enjoy the beauty of a shimmering sky.


#3. One of the things that I thrilled of doing at the beach is performing jump shots. And I realized one thing: I miss that kind of fun.


#4. I got bitten by shutter bug. And I was enjoying every single moment of it- capturing the light and shadow. Expanding my portfolio is something that I am looking forward to. Portfolio is merely for my own eye candy. And now I’m in midst of shopping some good compact digital camera so I can take better shots next time!

#5. It was amazingly smoothing and effortless to stroll along the beach, listen to the waves hitting against the rocks and allow soft evening breeze to caress on your face while enjoying the spectacular sunset. I seriously can’t put into words on how good it feels to be out there!



#6. I miss having conversations over coffee. Above all I miss catching up with old times, and filling in the gaps. High school was bittersweet with studying and... I met some of the best people during that period of time.

I feel great to be away for the weekend, away from the internet, city and what not. With the sun and beach, I’m officially a living giant glowing tomato! I can save on the blusher for now :)

No comments: