A glimpse of Seremban

You know, Seremban is one of the places that I heard of numerous times, in fact just right behind my backyard but sadly, I have never taken the effort to set my foot on it.

So just a week ago, I had the chance to take a glimpse on what Seremban is like.

We made our first stop at Burn’s place. He has this neat-looking house over at the top of the hill, neighboring a small farmyard with cow and goats. Somewhat country-liked. Oh the goats are simply too adorable, especially the newborns! Their poops were like drops of chocolate chips, I kid you not. Guess I wouldn’t see chocolate chips the same way again. *chuckles*



When we were on our way to Seremban Pasar in searched of the ever-famous beef noodle, I found myself caught in the middle of Seremban Town- gazing out at the buildings, faces, cars and landscapes. I was practically a tourist there. It gave me a rush of familiarity yet so foreign at all time. There goes the saying of so near yet so far.

Finally we found the beef noodle place, which I heard of so many good reviews from most KL-ites. I have to give them credits for their homemade noodle despite the dark soy sauce gravy was a little too thick for my liking. The noodles texture was smooth and supple in mouth. The beef was tasty, the soup was piquant, and both complimented the noodles really well. Personally I like the sprinkles of sesame seeds and peanuts bits as they gave an extra kick of crunch and aroma.


Then we drove down to Port Dickson. Sunlight glittering in the moving water, heat shimmering from the sand... but not quite picture perfect. Oh well PD is just being PD. Not a beautiful beach, but good enough to enjoy an afternoon breeze and ice cream in hand.
Before saying goodbye to the town, we made our last stop at Siew Pau Empire. Unfortunately the siew pau has shrunk into bite-sized that can be finish within a mouthful. But... fortunately, the morsel of pork mince is still as flavorful as ever.

This day trip was really an effortless, seeing things that I don't see often, in a small and cozy company with people who won’t take your jokes seriously. Who would ever joke about bloody Indian bear and Chinese bear, and Indians don’t eat beef?


We would. And we do.

5 comments:

EVo said...

AAhhh..the great siew pau empire building..with only a super small part of it actually selling siew pau. haha!

cyan_loh said...

Yalorr.. it looks more like a seafood restuarant. Heard the baked crab in seremban is good, haha..we better bug boon ken to bring us there!

Stanley said...

I will be staying there for a good two years of my life starting next month! Lol at least I know where to hunt for food xP

cyan_loh said...

Haha, how come? U migrating there? LOL. But good, it gives me more reasons to visit seremban then! So yea, you better learn your road fast :P
Happy exploring :)

Mei-Fern Chong said...

Eh! Where are the leeches?!