Summer Love


Summer- I do what I do best.

Writing letters or doodling on a simple postcard is something I enjoy doing over the long holidays. A gesture of keeping in touch with friends who live across the globe. Not something others will normally do especially in this facebooking/ twittering era. (Even my pa is on facebook now!) But it has been my kind of ritual or sort. I like the whole paper, pen and a picture of me thing as well as the untold surprises and happiness of receiving mails. Sounds a tad too clichéd but it is clichéd for a reason.

Going to a beach for summer vacation is at the top of my list. Everyone’s list in fact. But I guess when you started working, the so called adulthood; the sun and beach can wait. It has been close to 2 weeks now I have been working. Then, of course I have my work tales to share, soon.

But what I have in mind now is travelling to small towns. A day trip or something. Backpack style. Nothing glamorous but it can be refreshing. Like this morning, I accompanied my ma to our neighborhood’s morning market. Met one or two familiar looking uncle and auntie and had our usual breakfast set at our usual place. It did feel nostalgia, momentarily. So it would be neat to pay a visit to some dingy ancient kopitiams, go for food hunting and take a couple of good pictures.

Speaking of food here, it reminds me to brush up my culinary skills. I would love to get my hands on some new appetizer, dessert recipes. All of this sudden, I have this craving for apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Or second thought, maybe brownies with vanilla ice cream. Spells yummy!

I have to make a trip down to bookstores too. To load up some stocks. Chick lit is good but nothing beats the twist and turn of thrillers. Currently I’m reading The Memory Keeper’s daughter. Guess it’s time to date some good books over some real people. OH, watching How I met your Mother can be as addictive as reading your favorite book. Adorable and hilarious characters. 5
4 more episodes to go, looks like I have tons to catch up!

This, is my summer love.

6 comments:

E-V said...

The memory keeper's daughter is nice!

cyan_loh said...

I'm still reading march 1965 where Caroline has finally found a job :) But the whole story looks kinda gloomy.

Angeline Lee said...

one weekend we go food hunting in malacca? I can drive but u'll have to get the map ;)

cyan_loh said...

YEAP!! Sounds grrreat :) wheeeeee!!! Text u soon then!

Burn said...

MELAKA!!!!! I WANA CRASH IN. VOLUnTary GPS system reportaing for duty! Its gonna be legen....wait for it.....DARY!

cyan_loh said...

alright burn, we might consider taking u on board! Haha. U know what? I think i'm in love with barney x) hahaa.