The ugly side of man

As usual, I had my Sunday morning routine. I landed comfortably on the couch holding a Sunday paper, with my pancakes and soya drink beside.

A picture of a naked man crawling on the floor was in printed on The Star front page.

Let’s get honest and real here. We all know that no being is perfect. Anyone trying to deny that is just exercising a futile effort. People make mistakes everyday, but serious, to that extend of vile and cruel actions? Where is the last of humanity hold, I wondered.

The sight of them being naked, chained up and caged, covered with urine is absolutely devastating and upsetting. This is maltreatment, unbearable, overwhelming. I feel utterly disgusted.

People call them oddballs and weirdoes.

They might not be the people we know.

This news seems far and distant.

Yet if people look carefully, it took place just behind our backyard. More, they are souls like anyone of us. In the name of hope, they are seeking the trust in us.

It is painfully true that no sin of man can be said to affect no one. The ugly side of man is a blemish on the character on each and every one of us, forcing us to face the fact that man’s worst enemy is man himself.

I can only wish there is a ray of hope at the end of tunnel representing life.

1 comment:

Stanley said...

I saw that article too. Really sad to see them treated like dogs.