Silly Willy

So this is how the story goes.

I was having a rather mundane time working on my application to Hong Kong. Sometimes I just disliked writing resumes, you know, I wanted it to sound convincing, or at least I tried to yet not too much of a narcissist.

Then one fine day while my sis and I were driving back home. We had this funny conversation.

Me: Eh, what are my skills other than speaking in broken Cantonese?

Sis: You can write and read in Mandarin.

* silent moments for a few seconds*

Me: OH YA (as if it was a big discovery)…I forgotten about that.

Me and Sis: Hahahahahaha…

Exactly! How silly I can be. How I could forget my 11 years of Chinese education. The gruesome period of writing all those complicated looking Chinese characters, comprehending the big words and speaking with sh, ch, zh and a bunch of ching chong chiang. Hah.

Glad I survived :)

5 comments:

Leonard said...

I spent 6 years in Primary doing Mandarin. Sadly, I can hardly read or write now. Thank Goodness i still can speak.

Anonymous said...

wakaka, u KL-ian leh..LOL, watch TVB drama to improve ur gong tong wah! haha!

cyan_loh said...

Whoa Leo, i didnt know that! I thought you were 100% banana, haa. At least now you are 50%. yea, you can speak BROKEN chinese..*bluek*

cyan_loh said...

Yes Yee Lynn, I agree. TVB is my only rescue :) haha.

j o y c e * said...

lol senghong used to laughing at us speaking gong tong wah. prove him wrong!!! *cheers*