Musing Ramblings

Ahh, I feel so good after taking a hot shower. Anyway, this is not my point.
Well, I had been out for 15 hours long, and my point is, I am feeling tired and no mood for flourish words.

But before I called off a day, it would be nice to just get my thoughts composed and simply jot it down.


I woke up really early today to make my presence in the 2nd National Youth Entrepreneur Convention 2009. That’s a long name. Before I get distracted, my team was shortlisted to the second level in this HSBC Entrepreneur Competition, and that’s how we got sponsored to attend the convention mentioned above. It’s free :)

I was there for the first half of the session, and as far as what I had seen, to be frank, I wouldn’t pay rm120 for that convention. Its theme was Empowerment: Yes We Can, I mean how lame, cliché, unoriginal and commercialize can it be? They emphasized on creativity and innovative among the young people, yet I didn’t see the essence of it. Even the opening ceremony was just…oh well, part of the protocols I guess. To be fair, maybe others might find it empowering and inspiring, but the key question always remains, how long can it sustain in the long run? As if shouting out loud Yes We Can will make us feel empowered. You know, you heard all these from those motivation and empowerment workshops where at one point, people got hyped up and inspired, and the next moment they just being stagnant and idle. Called me harsh. I didn’t like the chief moderator. He was not cool at all, and he was trying so hard to be one. (Ok, I better shut up now.)


KhaiLee. He's not that tall *grin*


On the lighter note, I did like how the forum was conducted, pretty entertaining. The speakers were just alright, average I would say. What they preached can commonly be found in articles, magazines, bibliography and so on. Not something new for me. Not much a huge learning curve for me. But I did learn some bits and pieces, here and there. I was looking forward to KhaiLee and Joel’s speech. I heard so much about them especially KhaiLee, when he first started off the famous theCicak.com, an online youth socio-political magazine. And KhaiLee’s speech was rather captivating. I think for me, the biggest lesson learnt today is to be a quick snapshot snapper. I had a chance to take a picture with Joel but I missed it. I am sure you understand the analogy here. Sometimes opportunity doesn’t knock twice. And like what Mr. Ghanesh, CEO of MOL Access Sdn Bhd said no ideas are monopolized and sometimes you need to act fast.

The fun part is of course, meeting new faces and peers from a various disciplines ranging from law, accounting, finance and banking, engineering to psychology :) I met my long lost friend, Jason, my former elementary buddy, Joe and my friend’s friend. Yes, it is a small small world afterall...I better get the song out off my mind. Lalalala..

******
And then later at 2pm, I headed to AFS Inductive and Planning meeting with chapters from Klang Valley Region.

This is what I did in the meeting…


Playing with my camera!

My side kick, Tyng :)

Scribbles from a German intern

But hey, I did pay attention ok, like issues concerning the welfare of host students, host family and chapters. I know how it was like to be a foreigner in other countries, and I am grateful I had a great support system from my host family and liaison. But I do understand the feeling of jetlag, the emotional roller coaster of being in a stranger’s house, the culture, the weather, the food and so many other things. I am rambling now...It’s even tougher when you are place in a diverse and multicultural country like Malaysia where you don’t understand a word of Bahasa Malaysia, so it can get pretty scary.
We then hung out at Starbucks after the meeting. Mhmm, the Chai tea latte was awesome. Yada,yada...Ok, enough said before my ramblings go any further.

I. want. to.hit.the.sack.now. Goodnight, people! *yawn*


No comments: