Come and Gone

For the past two days I woke up late, had my brunch, decked in my shorts and comfy Tee, did some reading, and watched a couple of old time classic movies- these are my holiday get-away. Not the ultimate escape I wished for, but fair enough. I love being slumber, unpretentious, and relax. For once, I don’t have to give a thought on unmatching tops, or even uncoordinating colors. Who cares.

My first day of Chinese New Year - come and gone. This time, the celebration was pretty much a low-key affair, given that most of the relatives were far and few away from Bolehland. However, the ang paus have not depreciated :)

I couldn’t help too but opening each of the cookie jars, and savoring every single bits of it. Love letters and peanut cookies are my all time favorite ever since I was a kiddo. (Yes I hear you, badminton).

Visited most of the relatives- uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews. It is the warm and friendly feeling that I am familiar with. My nieces and nephews are all grown up now. They are adorable, witty, and of course, loud. Referring me as an aunt always makes me feel weird and strange, so I just beamed at my nephew, and told him, ‘Call me jie jie (big
sis).’ And he was glad, simply because jie jie is so much easy to articulate. But things were different when with Alessandra, Isaac and Lucas. Auntie Yan is how they addressed me. They said in such a sophiscated way that I couldn’t resist, or bear saying NO to them. Ok, I am that biased.

Meeting up with the old buddies are part of the Chinese New Year ritual as well. At least for me. But I am bad in this. It somehow takes me forever to do it. This week I really need to get my butt moving, or else I wouldn’t be seeing them again till they are back from Aussie Land. (Yes I hear you too, Ling)

What more I can say? I better enjoy it while I can. Soon, very soon, class starts. Urgh.

United trashed West Brom 5-0. Oh oh. No good for Reds.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gong hey fat choy !

How's ur ang pao? I got less than 10, what a sad case

You have nieces and nephews ? So fast

cyan_loh said...

Gong xi gong xi!!!

my dear,its the quality that matters, not quantity :) What matters is what inside the ang pau..hahaha.

they are my cousins' kids, so yea.. refer them as nephews and nieces right? or not?

Angeline Lee said...

yes. i oso have nephews and nieces..very old la us. ur cny sounds so mellow and relaxing..mine is so much noise and chaos.

Anonymous said...

Adoi, quanlity doesn't works too, small family!

I don't know what should we refer them as, in Chinese they kind of differentiate everything clearly.I kind of blurr too, what I did was refer every guys as uncle, women as aunty.