Banana, anyone?

In my very own prefect impression, zoo is like a large playground for the young ones to love and enjoy, and a place for the adults to feel like a kid in a candy store again.

To be honest with you, so far I have yet had good experiences of going to the zoo. It is either raining or just simply not good enough. But most of the time it is raining. Zoo doesn’t like me.

To mark the New Year, I decided to look at the brighter side and be enthusiastic again of the idea of going to the zoo. The nearest zoo I can locate in the city of KL is of course, the zoo Negara. Then I tagged along Jord, poor fellow who needs to live up my impulsiveness and enthusiasm of zoo-ing.

The brutal truth is the zoo has nothing to shout about. It is nothing near to my perfect impression. It is just so bland. The place is nice in a quiet suburbs, surrounded with greenery. But the exhibits are just so-so. I am sure I am not the only one who finds it boring. Given that spacious land, they can do much better job than that. It would be great if it is like a mind blowing experience where people walking out from the zoo with ‘Whoa’, but at the very least, it should be interactive and appealing enough. Having plans to bring in exotic animals from China like giant pandas and golden monkeys is great way to lure more visitors. However I don’t see it will go any further in the long run. Really, the place needs a revamp. The zoo needs to play more with its creativity and imagination. Sad to say it has a long way to go. Even the animals look upset, and plain lazy. Not being productive. Hah. Especially the hippos.

Let me put this in a metaphoric way. The zoo needs a cup of imagination, mix well with creativity and innovation, and sprinkle little surprises. And Viola! Alright, what I am trying to say here is the magical touch. The magical touch that brings a bundle of sunshine to people from all walks of life, provides the tingling feeling of being a kid again and brings back home a bag of good memories and experience. Not forgetting… this is really important, if it possible make an indoor zoo. That’s for me *beam*

No comments: