Cookies for a lazy afternoon

First, I was in the spontaneity mood of baking. Second, there weren't much sophisticated ingredients left at home. Third, I was being plain lazy to go out.

So then I decided to give Karen Cheng’s recipe a trial run. Yeah, simple and tasty-exactly what I am looking for!

Butter Cookies Recipe (it has this lovely shortbread flavor)



125g softened butter
½ cup castor sugar
1 egg
2 cups of flour




Beat butter with electric mixer
Add sugar and mix until fluffy
Add egg, Mix. Sift flour, combine with mixer. Then make into a dough ball
Throw into fridge for 10minutes while you clean up
Roll flat to 1cm or less. Cut biscuits, line up on baking paper
Put into 190’c oven for 10-15minutes, until golden brown
Cool on wire rack.

You can always sprinkle on with some raisins, chopped roasted pecan or even almond flakes to enhance the flavor.

Nothing beats a laid back afternoon with cookies and milk, and a classic Disney cartoon :)

1 comment:

American Homemaker said...

I'm always in the mood for baking...lol I'm just never in the mood to clean up afterward.