3 chicks and a stick

There’s no better way to start my weekend morning than meeting up with my darling friends, getting the best bargain in town, and dwelling in scrumptious lunch.

Jeumpa D'ramo is a really neat guest house, airy and roomy in the inside with simple furnishings, warm and sunny on the outside with pool and lovely compound.


I and my girls adore going for bazaar hopping. Throw me in a bazaar, and I could shop for 3 hours, plus ended up with 5 pieces of clothing with the total price under RM100! I am that cheapo.

With about 30 stalls, we spent 3 endless hours by hopping and scrutinizing from vendors to vendors. Managed to meet up with Ser too!

One thing about bazaar- it is a big playground with everything under one roof- tee, blouse, dress, pants, shorts, accessories, bags, shoes, and even cupcakes! And I always know my way out in a playground like that :)

Gramophone! He looks like a housefly, no? Hah

**
I am no shopping guru. But here is my personal bazaar hopping 101 for kids from the new block.


# 1. Don something that you are comfortable, with minimal accessories. This way, it is easier to strip off and try on different clothing without causing a massive queue outside of the fitting room. Or just try it on without even stripping! And also, the weather can get a wee bit warm, with the heat, crowd and stickiness.


# 2. I know people say the more the merrier. But I say too many cooks spoilt the soup. It will be just nice to tag along with 2 or 3 friends, who share similar fashion ideas, and know what works and what’s not for you.



# 3. Bringing a male friend has always been encouraged. It will be pleasant to have opinions from the opposite sex. BUT, do take note on this- make sure he appreciates fashion, enjoys shopping as much you do, willing to give genuine thoughts and, err… not dozing off at one corner. You don’t want to jeopardize the poor boy’s day, do you?



# 4. Shop smart and wise is the key. Goods are not refundable. (Trying is not allowed in some bazaars) So make sure it really fits you well before purchasing. Don’t pay for clothes that make you regret, and later on keep at the back of closet. Personally, I only shop for tops, dresses, tees, accessories, and shoes in bazaar. Avoid buying jeans, pants, trousers, and shorts unless you clearly know which style and cutting that flatter your body.


# 5. Bazaar hopping can be addictive and dangerous. My advice is NOT to go every single bazaar; the consequence is that you probably get bored of it. You might find most of the clothing share similar trend, manner, and texture, and most often the prices fluctuate among the vendors. Don’t fret if you missed out this bazaar, as there is always the next one. Go when you in need of retail therapy.

This is bad example. x)

# 6. Yes, we shop AND we do care for our Mother Earth at the same. Folks, bring along your shopping bag. Go plastic bag free!

# 7. Last but very important- bring sufficient cash. Yes, CASH. Credit cards will hardly serve any purpose there. Good news for all the shopalcholics out there! If your wallet is getting thinner, you will know what to do.

**

I can get really particular when buying jewelries. I seek for authenticity and simplicity, and sometimes it can cause me a pain in the butt. And finally I found mimpimurni. A little bit pricey but they have really authentic and simple, yet chic designs.

**
After done with shopping, we headed to my favorite hang out spot for lunch- Wondermilk! Been there numerous time, but I can never get enough of it. Everyone had their say and pick- Joyce with her BBQ chicken sandwich, Yong with her Tuna Melt, Jason with his baked potato, and I know just exactly what I want- Beef Rasher + Butterscotch Milk. It made me a happy person!

Wondermilk had undergone a revamp. Change for the better :) I am always a fan of their interior designs- pleasant to the eyes, and nothing over the top. The laid back ambience put me at ease, with their welcoming and cozy deco.

Now I know what lomography means *beam*

**
A day can never go wrong with the 3 chicks and a stick.

**
Now I need to clear up my closet and make way for the new stock! Yay!


3 comments:

cookiedonut said...

on #3, you are talking about me... then u talk about hong hong XD

cyan_loh said...

LOL, you are a gentleman *cough* which is true.. haa. Aiyor, and hong hong wont even follow us at the first place =.=
See the compare and contrast? LOL. Btw Hong only interested in food x)We know him too well.

Riz said...

Argh argh I wanted to go for the Bazaar but I was away in Aussie...how was stuff for guys btw? I remember last years Bijou Bazaar in August at Djeumpa D'ramo was alright but slightly sucky for guys..