Rubber ducky celebrates Merdeka

In conjunction of Merdeka Celebration, I determined to give myself a treat of eye candy.

I like the idea of watching over hot hunks surfing the board and cruising the waves, while I can get beautifully tanned. (Did you know I got sun burn over at Cameron Highland? Of all places, Cameron Highland!! Well, I will keep that story at some other time.)

Yes, I will be more than happy if that’s going to happen. But I know my bubble is going to burst anytime soon. *waves* Back to reality, Siyan!

I’m talking about arts here, people. Arts can be varying, diversify and reflective. Arts don’t confine to Shakespeare or calligraphy. And I’m never a fan of Shakespeare or calligraphy…

I decided to check out the arts for grab, and the best place is none other than Annexe Gallery. I went there unaccompanied. Some said it was sad to have no companion, some asked me what the heck I’m going there alone and some were nice enough to give me desirable words. Personally, I don’t find it sad, pathetic or depressing. People hate being alone because they are afraid of loneliness. In my context, having companion is great but spending time alone and doing what you desire is somewhat precious and hard to come by. Just ask yourself, when is the last time you spend time alone?

But then my plan failed miserably and instantly when I bumped into Roy later on. (surprise, surprise)
******

There was a forum and exhibition on sexuality. Homosexuality and transsexual issues were being discussed. The crowd was not that encouraging due to Friday Night Fever I guess, only couple of them turned up.

Play Smart

Merdeka Spirit

Poetic, eh?


The place was great as always.


Tour De Force


Now I really want to get myself a DSLR camera!

Penguin BOy
Buatan Malaysia batches

Apart from admiring masterpieces and creative juice of others, I managed to get acquaintance with really cool people from the creative industry too. Of course, how could I not buy anything from them? So Roy and I bought this really cool looking keyboard batches. The material itself is not expensive, c’mon…how much can a discarded computer keyboard cost? You see, sometimes it’s not the value of quality, but it’s the value of your creativity that people buy.

Then I bought this really cute rubber ducky necklace with “kiss my ass” written at its bottom. Next time if anyone pisses me off, I shall press my rubber ducky, so it will make the quacking sound and show them my ducky ass. How adorable!? *evil grin*

I heard so much about our local renowned designer, MunKao but never have the chance to see his work of art. Not until that day... I couldn’t comment much just based on the few designs but I found one that much into my liking. It was part of the-wknd project. The-wknd is basically a popfolio for local independent artist to showcase their talents, even Estrella and Reza Salleh are part of this project. Roy and I had our eye on the same tee but unfortunately, I couldn’t find my size. But worry not, I have placed my order and hopefully (fingers crossed and toes crossed) my baby Tee will arrive in no time. Great, we are going to have coupled tee but still better than buying Zara and having 5 people wearing the same thing :)

Rubber Ducky wishes everyone a happy merdeka!

No comments: