Hey, What's with the RUSH?


Our inaugural RUSH, an adrenaline pumping adventure race in Langkawi is officially done.

But I can tell you the 4 months of rushing preparation are no fun.

I’m glad, really glad that everything turned out well. It turned out to be better than I expected actually. Yes, we encountered hiccups along the way but I guess no mountain too high, no valley too deep huh?

My thoughts:

My team members and I came together with a different vision and wavelength. Sometimes it’s necessary for me to slow down my pace just to accommodate theirs. In this case, it’s hard for me to draw a fine line between good or bad. We started off rough, but later on we were getting into shape and right on track. Personally, I did not a great time during the first couple of months. It seemed like I carried out my job out of obligation and responsibility. I did question myself on why I took up this project knowing it was not solely on my own liking and passion. Blame my big mouth for saying yes to everything! Initially I wanted to outdo myself, since I have never tried organizing an event from out of state before. Well, things just turned rather different that I thought. There are moments I felt de-motivated, but revealing in front of my teammates is not a wise move or helpful either. As a leader, I have no intention to dampen the spirit of others. Plus I’m no quitter. This time around I was more of a navigator than a pilot. It gave a new twist in my leadership style which is something new and different for me, but not necessarily a pleasant feeling. But I take it as it comes. As me and teammates work closely together, we shared an intimate bond within us. I’m not sure if the intimate is the right word, haha. I’m surprised how close we became, how united we were, and how much fun we had. The gap between us definitely has narrowed down as we put our differences aside.

The journey was bumpy but enjoyable.

Happy Ending.

The waves
The viewThe participants Champion in actionWaiting....Moment of silent and reflection******
Mahsuri TombBurn Rice, anyone?Oriental VillageThe FallLoving our toes******
My backbone My partner in crime
MuhibahMy school girl smile :)
******
The Glow The Colour The MotionThe Bond

I give credits and acknowledgment to my beloved committees- Burn, Ann, Vidhya, Tasmia and MunYeu, teacher advisors- Moots and especially the ever lovely and witty Ms Lorna (Loves!).

Special thanks to:

Our prize sponsor (they choose to be remain anonymous) for sponsoring air ticket to Hong Kong

Mrs. Chua from HMC for sponsoring worth RM900 of Studio R gift vouchers

The ever famous Ali Maju

My buddy, Seng Hong

Our favorite makan place- Mama’s Kitchen

Ms. Eileen from HMC

Our official youth publication, Malaysian Today

Kenny from Brain Child Creative Event Solution,

Benjamin from Fitness First,

Mr Dhanesh, Director of HMC for supporting us

Jon, my creative designer who has safely landed in Hawaii

And all of you out there who bought our fund raising home made pasta!

No comments: