Colour me

Today I have my application form posted. Finally. The little details were tedious enough to test my patience- no stapler allowed, no A4 size paper allowed, no this and no that. At some point, I’m not sure if I wanted to apply anymore. It supposed to be done discreetly in front of my parents but my mom was smarter than I thought. She was more of doubtful and concerned rather than upset over my choice but at the end of the day, she was the one who made sure the envelope is well sealed, stamped and got posted :) I genuinely told my mom, “I don't know how much chance I stand but at least I give it a try!”  And she replied after much rambling, “You’re lucky to have things in your own way.” Lucky I am, perhaps. But I know, I know if I do allow this opportunity to slip off because of a silly reason or two, I will never be at peace with myself. Having a chance to have my foot set on the states again, for the second time give me a sense of this possibility, a possibility for better things to come. I know the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, perhaps it can never be, but I wanted a good change. I guess you can say I’m hopeful for better things. Seeing the little pockets of the world through my own eyes feeds my passion.  And I found these changes to be impossible in Malaysia. If I’m that lucky, like my mom said, I will only be leaving my home country momentarily, for an opportunity, a change and a dream. Lucky or no lucky, at least I tried.

On a lighter note, I’m excitedly distracted with Christmas holidays, one of my favourite seasons of all time! Though shopping for presents can be somewhat stress, hah. At the moment there are too many, just too many plans are unfolding, with loved ones coming over and having bestie back to town! With prom, church party, wedding, and the many sweet celebrations, it gives me more reason to be merry and jolly...all sparkling and twinkling too AND not wanting to study!

Meanwhile, I received a box containing with assorted toffee. Oh my love! I think toffee goes well with study, don’t you think? Well, minus the glucose intoxication of course. Mhm mhm, this spells Christmas! 


2 comments:

Mei-Fern Chong said...

Oh I love the photo at the end! How adorable!
And yes, some changes will be impossible for as long as things stay familiar. I hope you get all that you need and all that you want! =)

cyan_loh said...

Thanks love! And I know you are working towards on your dreams and desires too, which Im sure slowly but surely it will find its own way.