Heart of Giving


There are just so many to see, to choose and to pick! I never quite know what to get for both Bonnie and Greg this time. Erm, tricky tricky. I want to get them something personal, something authentic and nothing too cliché.  Meanwhile for the boys, I got them books and toy cars. It’s never easy to catch up with the kids these days. Oh well, just hope they don’t grow up too fast. And I have to tell myself to be more creative next year.  For Rose, I guess I am a little more selective when comes buying her gifts. So I got her a handmade-doll from flea market and Winnie the Pooh party decors. Sugar and spice, and everything nice for the only girl! By now, the Kotts have got used to my fashionably late Christmas presents, but it’s always has been the gesture of giving, gratitude and above all, love that hold the significance :)



Just the other day, I received an email from Annexe Gallery with the mission of helping Roddy Teo to collect toys for a visit to pediatrics ward of UMMC hospital this Christmas, to be placed on the kids' beds before they awake. Sounds like an operation toy story! And just too sweet to be ignored that I have to blog about it. 

This is the exciting part. You don’t have to purchase new toys. Well if you want, you can of course! You can donate away toys, books or stationary sets that are still in pretty much good shape and clean, you know those that are cluttered in your attics, those that are stashed away in your boxes. Or even those sitting at the foot of your bed and could be more glad to make other kids happy. 
                                                                                     
I’m actually digging in some of my cabinets to see if there are any toys, mainly books that I tend to hoard over the years that could be a good Christmas giveaway! No kids want to spend Christmas in the hospital, really. And knowing some are really sick, perhaps, just perhaps this may be the last year for them. I really do hope initiative like this will give the kids at the very least, a glint of hope and meaning, a glimpse of imaginations and dreams of Christmas, which hopefully can linger a little longer.

So if you are wanting to sprinkle some festive joy, do drop by Annexe Gallery and look out for a box that says "Operation Toy Story", before Sunday 19 Dec.

And here I wish everyone a blessed (early) Christmas!

 the world gives you things to enjoy life, but god gives you life to enjoy things. 
- Ps. Clement


No comments: