grow..GROWing

Changes mean improvement, development. In other word, means growing. Yet it can turns to be ugly and disruptive. But certain things just seem to be the same.

There’s an old saying” there’s no man is an island”. How true it is. No one wants to be a lone ranger and this is when friends come into the picture. I have friends who walk in and out in my life, some leave footprints, some don’t. I have friends who are merely hi and bye, casual friends, hardcore foodie friends, shopping kaki, movie buff friends, friends who brighten my life, friends who I shared secrets with, friends who I can chat for hours, friends who are hyped and bring the best out of me, and of course friends who once I shared fond memories. Above of all, there are no friends none other than them.

Jason, this is the best shot I had!! Hahaha XD > Jeanne, me and Jason.
Both I and Jason have been close during our late primary school days. He may look a bit “yong shui” (oops!!), you know, like those “taiko”. BUT he’s nice guy after all. Yea, I’m trying to bribe you, NOT!! (Aha, I know you are reading this, haa) I still remembered he used to play some Chinese songs over the phone and asked me to give it a guess. Haha, lame old game! Frankly, I did not expect we are actually still keeping in touch after for so many years :)

I known Jeanne and Li fong over a decade now. But doesn’t mean we take each other for granted. We have known each other in our early primary days, where we wore the familiar dark blue pinafore with socks wearing so high up till our knee length, and two ponytails. Gosh, it’s like during the 90’s fashion!

Jeanne has always been like a sister to me. Both of us have been through the different stages in our lives together and there to witness and share the highs and lows. She’s the best person to go movie with when it comes to animated movies!

Li fong has a great potential as a paparazzi. We can yak, yak and yak over the phone like there’s no tomorrow. She’s the one, who keep me update with the latest new and gossips to make sure I always in the right track.

These are two beloved banana friends. Not fully ripe bananas though. Frankly, 3 of us never once hang out together not until I came back from US. Haha, I guess absence indeed make the hearts grow fonder :P I’m just glad that my absence has brought me closer to them and we had a blast at mae’s house. We had dinner; fooling around, giggling away, messing around with lambikin the lamb and Emily the elephant (Sean, is it Emily or what?) Sean loved the johor otak-otak ( eww, brains?!) so much that he asked for ta pau!!

Xin yi always referred me as her “jie jie” (sister) I’m proud the fact that she actually look up to me and seek for my refuge and comfort in times of troubles.



Here’s siew leng!! I have known her for over a decade too. Love her msian time, haha. She’s always late! She can sleep for a 12 hours straight! But this is what makes her so siew leng XD



Kyean and I have stirred up adequate gossips to keep the librarians entertained. Haha, we enjoy messing around and play guessing games with them. In reality, he’s one of my best working partners who have my trust and faith.


We Girls Rule- Shu xian, Xiang Wei, me and siew leng!!
3 musketeers > weizhe, ban choon n danny
Pusat sumber has been like my baby all this while, esp during my last few years in my alma mater. I can’t deny the fact that I spent most of my time, effort and energy in nurturing my baby where you hardly can find me in class, but in PS. We have been through defeats and glories, rain and shine. Without them, we wouldn’t have won the best pusat sumber in chapter klang, being able to organize the inaugural PS camp, and the most memorable of all will be the mini flood in library we had due to tank’s leakage. We are a bunch of crazy hardcore “moppers”. Haha, speaking of efficiency. Working with them has taught me to be better leader, and I had a blast working with them where fatigue has never has a chance to take control over my mind. They have been supportive and understanding, which they will be there to catch me if I fall. If I have my own company one day, I definitely know who to call :P

The jolly faces of 5A1

The whole bunch of crazy gang! XD


The sisterhood


The trio, Powerpuff girl maybe? :P > bee chin, me again and kah ling
I’m the one who brought the curi makan trend in class. You can always see me with my green lady choice’s Tupper ware. I guess I have a big mouth to stuff a whole big morsel of food in one shot while the teacher is writing on the board. Later on, almost the whole class has fully mastered my “curi makan” technique. After all, sharing is caring.

Ning2, Francine, kah ling and me always stood by each other. Btw, the 4 of us sat together in class, haa.
Francine aka sea lion is such a sweetheart!! We laughed, we cried, we screamed, we shouted, we jumped, we shared…
Ning2 brings the best out of me. She makes me laugh to tears. She listened to my ramblings. She knows all my dirty little secrets. We just love each other!!
Kah ling is my imaginary loan shark- our class treasurer! She also taught me the art of accounting. I disliked figures and numbers btw, unless it’s money... haha :P



This is my bestie, none other than my beloved ling! We may not sms or talk for 24/7, we may not known for a decade, we may not in the same age, we may not in the same class. Yet we can read each other’s mind, complete each other’s sentence as if we have telepathy, or even have the same taste (ahem, good taste of course!) we may be different externally, but internally we are the same. Ok, I thought of this perfect slogan to describe us> we are different yet the same! Haha…we can talk about everything under the sun, moon and stars. We can crack up jokes in everything, like from our history teacher the doreamon to the silly aerogram. I laughed till so hard that I almost fell off my chair. We did have crazy moments too, like chasing each other in the classroom with a water bottle and acting like barbarians. We don’t need to stick together like Siamese twins to show our love and care, because we knew that we will always be there for each from the bottom of our hearts. Awww…love you to max, babe!

Each day in life, we grow, learn, fall, break, and discover. Along the way, I encounter people who may or may not leave an impact in my daily life. Sometimes friendships forged, sometimes not. Never the less, that doesn’t mean I will forsake my old friends and cared less about them. In fact, I learn to be more appreciative.

No comments: