Watz uP 2007!!!

Hello 2007!! Haha..it reminds me of some sort of Motorola advertising. Remember hello motor, haha... 8 more days to go, and still counting down. Right at this moment I’m writing this blog, I have a whole lot of mixed feeling stirring up in me. Anxious, excited, nervous..AAHH, almost everything!! I find time is passing me too fast, and somehow it’s hard for me to catch up with the fast pace. I need time to digest and savor every moment but reality bites. Ooch!! It’s like everything is moving so fast where I hardly can breathe (by the way, I’m still surviving). It seems like I’m not ready for all the changes happening around me. Everyone, I mean my friends are going to their own separate ways, eager to flap their wings and fly, to pursue their dreams and fantasy. Suddenly it makes me feel all so grown up. By the way, it’s not a nice feeling. Love it or hate it, I still have to accept the fact that being a grown up means more freedom, and yes, more responsibilities as well. I think 2007 will be a significant year for me, not coz I’m 18, is coz of I’m taking a road less traveled. Everyone will be starting college, or maybe working and all, yet I was given the golden opportunity to go to states and discover new things, learn and grow. I really want to thank God for giving me this once a lifetime opportunity!! But again, I have no idea what I put myself into. It likes there are no sense of security. Stepping out of your comfort zone and putting yourself in whole new environment can be adventurous and exciting, but it can lead to nightmares and disasters too. But in the bible, Deut. 31:6 says I will be strong and courageous. I will not be afraid or terrified because of them for the Lord my God goes with me; He will never leave me nor forsake me. I guess I just need a little more faith in God. For those who are reading my blog, yes, I mean you…if you have no idea what I am mumbling about, don’t worry. I just penning down my thoughts and feelings. That’s all.

My motto for 2007 will be Reaching Out, Empowering Lives!! Sounds like a big mission and a little unrealistic huh? But I do believe those little things in life can bring great joy and make a big difference in others lives. You never know. I have been doing nice things lately like saying hello to a baby who is a total stranger (instead is his mom who say hello back to me, haha), wishing and greeting to the girl at the weighting scale in the supermarket (although she gave me weird stares) and try not to waste food, not even a single rice!! (We have to understand the hardship all petani and poor African kids going through) haha, I sound so noble!! *sticking out my tongue* bluek!!

Nevertheless, I pray and hope every one of you has a great blast in year 2007!! Remember to work hard and play hard!! *wink*

No comments: