I am a big, big girl

One day of last year, I celebrated my 21st  birthday and one day of last week, I just celebrated my 22nd. Some times I can never be quite sure if I am ready to grow up, and some days I am just reluctant to grow up but now...I am ready. Or at least, I think I am ready :) I am ready to finish writing up the last few pages of this chapter, and like with all the other new chapters of my life, soon enough I will be flipping into the many unwritten journey and unfamiliar adventures.

Time is evil, you know. Ha!


My birthday celebration was great, beyond great! The bums threw me a lovely surprise party. Both Ling and I had our Friday night out at town.  A Saturday dinner with my two close friends and also, to spend a lazy weekends with the family, which is one of my favourite things to do! To me, birthday is about celebrating life. And I am glad to know the life that I am living in is filled with blessings, lots of blessings. Knowing the friendships that I shared with the many special people is honest and nourishing, and having to celebrate my life with them is already the best gift! It is beautiful. It is heartwarming.

So far, 2011 has been very kind to me. Meanwhile, I am thinking to pick up a new skill or take up a new hobby like swimming and cycling or perhaps I should put my sign language skills to good use, or better still, drive around town more often! I do hope the coming months of 2011 will be an exciting one, with brighter days and bigger dreams!

I believe everyone is pretty much in Chinese New Year mood. Surely, I am looking forward to it, for the food, for the loved ones and a big big Yay for the red packets! Looks like I am still keeping that child in me :)


No comments: