Pinprick of Time

261207. This marks the three years of my blogging ‘career  :)

“In a Capsule” was created with the sole intention of recording my American’s tale, as my 17 old self was afraid of losing her memories. Eventually blogging became natural, and the rest was history. “In a Capsule” represents time. Time, is something that I have always find it fascinating and interesting. But also, disheartening. Time is so powerful, so potent that it can change the many landscapes, faces and things. Sadly, the world is moving so fast that people don’t have time to make love and whisper. Call me old fashioned, but it scares me sometimes, to witness how the world is transforming or rather, how fast the world is evolving. I was reading the paper the other day, saying natural disasters- heat waves, volcano eruptions, flood, earth quake have killed more people than the last decade. Sometimes I distaste the new age modernization, yet sometimes I thank God for the brilliant revolutions. For better or for worst, I’m ambitious enough to find the delicate balance.

2010. The year I turned 21. The year I moved to a new crib.  The year I involved with volunteering. The year I had a tantalizing glimpse of entrepreneurship. The year I tasted macaroons.  And also, the year I blogged about nature more than anything else!  It was a year of learning the ropes of being an adult, with a fair share of highs and lows, roses wouldn’t be beautiful without the thorns and I would say it was a good year nevertheless.

2011. I spent my first night staring at a night sky and sleeping under the stars.

If 2010 is a year of learning, I sure hope 2011 is a year of growing. Be it personal, work or spirituality. I need to reexamine myself- Am I running for God? Admittedly, most often I run for myself. And I am hoping this coming year will bring me a greater intimacy with God. I always believe that I am blessed so that I can be a blessing for others.  

Still in some ways, I am no different from my 17 old self. I am still curious about life. I am still celebrating life and whatever that comes with it. And I hope you are as much curious and excited about life as I am. Celebrate the mistakes, the opportunities, and even the nuts and bolts of everyday life.  

On a last note, a big heartfelt thank you for those who have been growing up together with me since 261207 and also, thank you for some who met me at a half way. I hope you have not greater, but more meaningful things in life to celebrate. And also, take time to make love and whisper! 

2 comments:

Mei-Fern Chong said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Sarah said...

I've gotta agree with Fern - just beautiful. I think you summed it up all too well!

I'm really hoping to grow in this new year as well. There's heaps to do, heaps to accomplish, and a whole load of running towards God to achieve.

Here's to beautiful days ahead, love. :)

p/s: the timetable is out, so both you girlies need to lemme know how your timetables are like okay! xo