Let’s wrap up

God has been good.

At one point, I thought this year is just like any other year, with the usual humdrum errands. But I was wrong. In fact this year, I created my many first milestones in life. From my lingering doubts of leaving the bird nest, and settling down comfortably in my current lifestyle to exploring the different interests and endless opportunities, indeed I had went through a little too much. Looking back, all these seem so far away now.

Nope, I am not complaining. Rather I am thankful. Grateful. And contented with the amazing people I met, the little conversations I made, the beautiful places I travelled, and among the many other things. I thank God for my family who are fit in health, for the bills are paid, for the food on the table and shelter above the head. These are the everyday things that make life so real.

No one has everything, but everyone has something. We always want something more, something better, and something bigger. Enough is never enough. We are just so funny like that. But I can tell you somewhere behind the rainbow always lay a little storm, yet behind the little storm always lay the silver lining. Regardless how hard life flings at us, or how heavy problems weight us down, at the end of the day, we still can float up, up and away.

I am learning to appreciate the heroism of the ordinary. If we take a step back to marvel at the magnificence of the mundane, life isn't so bad after all.


So in this jolly season, take some time off to dance. To sing. To draw. To write. To read. To kiss. To hug. To laugh.

And to be grateful. Jolly oh jolly!

No comments: