Words, and just words

At this point of time, I should be planting myself alive with big, gigantic heavy books. Think quantitative methods. Alright. Think Psychology. Still okay. Think Anthropology and Psychology. Erm, still breathing. Think Project Management. Oh no, I think I am suffocating. Sometimes exams make my student life a drag. Don’t get me started with it. I probably will make you feel miserable as well.

But thank God for last week. Last Wednesday was pretty much refreshing with popcorns and movie, and a filling Chinese dinner over at Bangsar Village. If you are into speed, cars and chicks, Fast and Furious 4 is the one for you. Personally I love the overdose of actions- stunning cars, loud engines, vrooming sound. And not forgetting the hot hunks (Think Paul Walker or Vin Diesel or both).

Here’s something interesting or rather retard- I watched the first two series of Fast and Furious in Thai (for some weird reasons the language failed to switch). Yes, no joke. But it made my life easier with the help of subtitles and of course, the much enlightening actions. So picture me staring at the bottom of TV screen, reading words after words for about 4 hours, somehow lost in the midst, with a remote beside me and my thumb ready to press pause at all times. Stupid pirated DVDs.

Today has been a pretty much laidback yet sort of productive day.

Let’s see. Mommy said I looked tan, sis said I looked haggard and lean, and daddy said I suffered from TV deprived. They have so much to say, in just one day. Thats what makes them my family. Called me old fashioned, but home is where the heart is. Trust me folks, nothing feels like home.

I have a confession- I had been eating like a pig since yesterday. Oh boy, mummy’s cooking! Technically I had a feast. Been feeding myself with tons of fibers and proteins, and less carbo. And maybe, just maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but the refrigerator seems to load more food now than usual. *beam*

I too managed to study a little, here and there, bits and pieces. Did my notes. Read through slides. And now I am half way through quantitative methods. Not much, but still, it is an achievement for the day :)

Next week will be a good one. A week that I am looking forward to. Not the exams. But to catch a local play- Air Con over at KLpac. I missed it once, so I am not going to let it slips by again. Not this time. The other day, I just read some good reviews on this Lebanese film- Caramel. Seem to be intriguing enough. Mainstream movies are good, but I always have room for small timers. So I don’t mind checking it out since reading subtitles won’t break my bones anymore.

Now, I can’t wait for finals to be over. So that so I can make trips down to art houses, catch some plays, watch some foreign movies and search for good food. Love art + food. Perfect blend. Sheer joy.

On the other note, have a happy Easter!


No comments: