To move or not to move

The idea of moving out from the bird nest seems to be a glorifying event, but the truth is, it’s not going to be easy. It’s not going to be a bed of roses, that’s for sure. The reality is not going to be easy on me.

There are so many questions going through my mind now. I wonder is it a need for me to move out. No doubt it’s tedious to travel to and fro, but in somehow and someway I was pretty much immune to my routine. But will I be keen to travel like this in the long term? Am I mentally and emotionally prepared to move out? I am such a home girl sometimes. Or perhaps I am being rebellious? I would be lying to you if I say I am not. Am I seeking for the extra edge and new zest of life? Perhaps.

But again, there is always a price to pay. And a risk to take. Yes, risk management. (Right, I can put PMG 101 into good use for once). My mama may seem reluctant to let her baby girl go, yet she is the one who has been really supportive towards my decision while papa has implicitly indicated signs of disagreements. He challenged me. He is always like that. However I always manage to work my way out, not sure if this time I will be capable for doing it again. Nevertheless, I do appreciate the fact that he is treating me like an adult. The offer, or rather the deal is, he is going to hand me one lump sum of money inclusive of my three years of tuition fees, rental and allowance. The amount of money is barely sufficient but it can be feasible in some ways. I’m not sure if this is a risk that worth taking. It is a decision that requires lots of self control, self discipline, and of course, responsibility. As if it is a matter of life and death. Trust me, screwing up my life is the last thing I ever wanted to do. Call me spoilt brat, call me princess, but honestly, struggling through financially is not my ideal way of spending my uni life. Again, I wouldn’t know if I don’t give it a shot. At the end of the day, I might turn out perfectly fine. And I know I can always fall back on my family. But still, I don’t want to take things for granted.

******
House hunting can be really tiring as well. (Thanks Angie for being our chaperone). Finding the perfect house with a right budget is no easy task. So far I had seen two houses. I just love it the very moment I stepped into the first house. Might sounds weird, but it gives me serenity and friendly feeling. Plus it is semi furnished with fridge, microwave, stove, beds and cabinets which is way too awesome. As for the second one, erm…it’s just not my cup of tea, despite the landlord was pretty easy going.

After much thoughts (and inputs from friends, thanks all!), finally I make up my mind. It’s going to be a long term thing, so I am not going to settle for the second best. Hence I will only move out if I manage to get my first preference.

Yes, simple as that. That's it. Period.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, so you're moving out? You have the passion of going class even though you've to take the bus. I own my own car but still couldn't be in time for 8 o clock class.what a shame

cyan_loh said...

Erm, not sure yet. I dont know. It seems to be a really big decision. Im so scared, haa..serious!
hey, you are not the only one who is late so its perfectly fine =P