Jolly Jolly Season

Finally I decided to give in (all thanks to my lazy sis)

Well, setting up Christmas tree is not that bad after all. Instead it turned up to be quite an enjoyable affair.

I just hate the part where I need to untie the tree, brush away the thick cloud of dust, and finally unwrap the newspaper. As for the rest, I pretty much enjoy myself.

See, now you get what I mean.


And look, what I found! Surprise Surprise!

My trophy box :)

These trophies are my little remembrance of story telling competition, best junior reader, more story telling competitions and… I just found out I was a young writer as well. Interesting. (Guess this part was not encoded in my long term memory.)

But one thing for sure, all this little treasure did bring me back to memory lane. I remembered winning my first gold trophy at the age of 7, telling a story entitled ‘The Ugly Caterpillar’ named Suzie who turned out to be a beautiful butterfly at the end. This is the only story I remembered! Hah. Till now I still have a good laugh of myself.

Moving on…

Now, this is my 6 feet tall Christmas tree. My dad had this really odd tradition that I can never understand. Of all the things, the tree has to be taller than I do. I used to show my irritated look whenever he bought a new Christmas tree back home, but of course eventually he stopped buying. Because I stop growing any taller. (Go ahead and laugh)


Now, let's get down to serious business. It’s time for the Christmas tree to get dress up! This is the part where I like the most. Putting up ornaments is always fun and easy. So this year, I pick gold and red as the theme color. I don’t seem to have much choices anyway. Serious, I need to go for ornament shopping next year.

I always love pine cone :)


After 1.3 hours of cleaning and assembling… Tada!

Happy Holidays and have a great Christmas everyone! *beam*


1 comment:

Leonard said...

wow.. u won quite a long trophies huh ?... Good Job Cyan..


Merry Christmas to You ! HoHohoHo