My American Dream- Part 2

Certain things just don’t seem to change despite the length of time and distance.

YES (Youth Exchanged and Study) AFSers were invited to

Our first YES Reunion Party, pretty much a historical day for us! (Credits to US Embassy for organizing it)


There are lots to talk about, I have no idea where to start but I’m trying to keep things short and sweet here.

Annexe galley is a lovely place to hold parties. I love the concept, I love the structure, and I love every single detail.



The party was awesome with great music from Top Cover. They were really sweet. But it won’t call a party without amazing crowd like us. We YES batch 07 were all pumped up with our craziness! The moment we saw each other faces, we jumped, we hugged, we screamed for joy… It has been a long time we have seen each other. Smiles and laughter were visible on our faces. Sparkles and twinkles in our eyes. Rainbows, stars and lollipops filled our minds. The warm fuzzy feeling was within us- JOY, that’s the word!


(Nope, we are not on drug)






YES batch 07 has the most interesting personalities of all- Witty, fun, lovely, sarcastic and total madness! Madness aside, but they are the people whom I shared my most significant memories with :) Hey, friends like them don’t come often!


(People out of town)

In order to satisfy our hyper-ness syndrome, we headed to Reggae Bar later on after party. Basically it is a backpacker bar, pretty cool place for people watching.




I called off a day after 2 large cokes from previous party, one margarita, a tequila shot, few sips of vodka lime and dunno-what-it-called drink. Man, I was bloated with liquid! (I still manage to walk in a straight line :P )


(Hobo back from party)

I hope in 5 years down the road, we are still able to have a good laugh among ourselves.


No comments: