Legacy

Religion is something we tend to avoid talking about it. It never seems appealing enough for us.

God is something we rather choose to not to speak about, or rather pretending not to.

But does God exist?
Scientists discover DNA in 1950s', but DNA exits in our body since the very day human has created. In other words, being ignorant or denial doesn’t mean things don’t exist.

Christians are taught by faith, not by sight. Faith is something that doesn’t make sense. FAITH is an absence of facts. It doesn’t appeal to our intellectual, human philosophy or anthropology.

Peter and fellow disciples were on a ship when hurricane and storm were attacking them. All the disciples were screaming out loud, ‘We are going to die!’ and when they saw Jesus appeared in front of them, they got frightened thinking it must be a ghost. But Peter asked, ‘Is it you, Jesus?’ and Jesus replied,’ Come!’

This is not a story I make out myself, but story that written in the bible. Hurricane and storms are like bumps and bruises in our lives. Ugly things within us reveal when situation gets hard on us. Just like the disciples, they are the ones who walk with Jesus. They are the anointed ones. Yet they doubted on Him. They lost their faith but not Peter. Jesus replied in just one word,’ Come!’ and this is what it takes. Jesus won’t give you an account of first step, stay calm and be focus, second…blah blah blah. Just a simple word, ‘Come!’ and this is what Faith is about. Remember, it is an absence of facts. Once you taken the first step of faith, God is taking His first step of providing your needs. You need to climb over the mountain in order to taste the fruit of Faith.

When you in point A, God will take you to Point B, and when you are in Point B, you will discover Point C and this lead to Point D. It just matter of taking the first step. The question is do you have faith? Or do you rely on sight?

Let the poor say I am rich
Let the weak say I am strong
Let the blind say I can see
This is what God has
done for us

As Christians, I do face disappointments and despair. But the moment I stretch my hand out to Him and shout to His name, I know God has taken the step to do His work.

Look over your shoulder, God is there.

Come to experience yourself and bring along your loved ones.


What? Legacy
Where? Pandamaran Sports Complex, Klang
When? 12th July 2008
FREE admission

Bought to you by Interschool Christian Fellowship. (By youths to youths.)

Three years back when I was at sweet 16, I received a prophecy saying, “You will be like shinning star that shines brightly for Him in my school and work life.” Ever since, God has blessed me richly and abundantly, and makes me a joy and blessing to others.

I want to leave a legacy of goodness and happiness.

What about you? What is your legacy?



No comments: