My American Dream- Epilogue

Trust me, this is going to be the last one. Seriously, I promised.

A year has passed, and changes took place. Yes, fuel price has hiked up to USD 4.20 per gallon and Obama most probably will be becoming the next president.

Sometimes it hard for me to believe how fast things changed yet I remain stagnate.

My 18th Birthday :)

Kott-Richardson Family

Jonas and Ed


Grandpa and Grandma Richardson have sold off their vet clinic in Oklahoma and shifted to Portland. Currently they are sharing time between Bonnie’s house and Kenny’s. Greg has quitted his job in a housing development firm and now he is a full time house husband. It was not an easy decision for him, and I’m glad things work out well. Edward is quite a handful now but he seems to get along really well with Baby Rosabel. Baby Rose just turned one this month, and Bonnie said she looks white. Well, I’m sure she has Asian blood here, somewhere. As for Jonas, I’m sure he grows cuter day by day and girls in school probably are giving him a headache. Bonnie’s best friend, Megan has moved to Toronto, Canada because she met a guy and fell in love. Bonnie was sad to say goodbye to her. As for Bonnie, she just finished her trial. And I remember how bored it was that I fell asleep in the court!! Bonnie wrote a little article about me and was published in AFS Columbia Pacific Chapter’s Newsletter. Man, I cried just reading the first sentence. She always makes me a cry baby.

******

Lily and Joe- They look so cute!

Kelsey and Oyama

Kel. Lily.Me.Nic


Lily and Joe is now officially a couple!! I know this is going to be happened and I jumped for joy. I’m really happy for them as they are my two really close friends back there. Lily has a huge crush on him since last year, and Joe is the most seek after guy in high school. He is so lovable and sweet that he actually wrote a thank note to Bon and Greg for hosting me and left me a gift on the doorstep before my departure. It’s hard to find a male species like him in this planet earth anymore. Almost extinct.

Kelsey and Oyama are together too!! Another two close friends of mine. But this time I was in shock because I don’t see it coming. (I’m so going to kill Kelsey for hiding the big news from me) But Kelsey is so fun to be together with. She always complains I’m not Asian enough for her and wants me to pose with a peace sign close to my cheek which I hated, haha.


******

Lee & Lana

Outing with Lee- the magnifying view of Multnomah Fall

My face looks real round here, so try not to focus too hard :P

I didn't know apple packaging can be this fun!
Lee and Lana was a little upset with certain issues. From their letters, I know that the presence of Olga, an exchange student from Russia has brought smiles and laughter to their faces. For sure hosting Olga has been a joyful affair for them. I missed them tremendously too.


*******

My first time wheelbarrowing, not easy I tell ya!

That's Jordia!

Pizza making session :)

Student leader in Outdoor School-I know, I look like a runway dutch lady!


Getting my hands dirty, plucking veggies and feeding chickens is so not me. But Jordia taught me the wonders of nature and embraced the greens. I miss going to Try-On Farm and making my own pizza!! She too taught me to get personal with the spirit of voluntary. And I’m glad I did. Now she is married to Jeff, my crazy wacko subculture teacher back in PCCS.

******
The wonderful Staffs


My favourite hang out place on every Wednesday will be none other than AFS office. They are awesome and funny!! I enjoyed licking stamps and sending mail just to kill my time. From time to time, I did receive emails from Peter updating me with his job, traveling experiences and culture shocks. I guess it’s time for me to update them my bits and pieces too.


******

World of Friends

Close friends from Italy


It’s just sad that how I did not take the initiative to write them letters or drop a simple message. I just managed to keep in touch a couple of them who sometimes I take for granted. A couple of months ago, the news of Parvis from Uzbekistan coming to Malaysia has brought me back to memory lane. I hope someday I can travel around the globe visiting my friend with my backpack stuck cheerfully with me. Well, then I shall better start writing letters now.

******
Wall of memories


*deep inhale* It always feels nice to indulge in those good old memories but reality check here, 1…2….3, check.

Oops, I better get my butt moving now. I have reflective writing waiting for me to be done.

2 comments:

Leonard said...

Great Epilogue SiYan !

Good Thinking, is true tht things happen really fast even within weeks..But is Great..

Don't wanna remain Stagnate.. Join Me ! hehehe full of Thrills

Anyway.. See u soon !

cyan_loh said...

haha.. leonard, leonard!! :)