The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

As usual like those ordinary days, I took the bus down to klang valley. The bus was almost fully seated by the time I boarded. But I managed to secure a window seat at the back of the bus, and there I was, happily sat down with my Critical thinking skills notes on my lap. Then this old Indian lady came into the picture. She was standing, and holding tight on the handle bar. I was like, “Eh, I know that lady. I saw her on the previous bus.” I was hoping someone who is kind enough to give up their seats for the lady. Then I didn’t bother much; continue to fix my eyes on CTS notes since tomorrow is the D-day. After a few minutes, I took a quick glance on the lady and noticed she was sitting down on the steps in front of the bus exist with the sign written on “Jangan berdiri di tangga.” The most depressing part is when none of a single soul willing to sacrifice their seats for her. Don’t people know that it’s dangerous for an old lady sitting there although it didn’t write “Jangan duduk di tangga.” The sign wouldn’t put up for no reasons (duh!). At the very moment, my emotions stirred up while I was looking at her. She was in hutch back with wrinkled face and silver gray hair, sitting on the steps, staring at other passengers with her helpless eyes. I was thinking what if my grandma is in her shoes, what if she gets hurt, or what if….

I couldn’t look any longer. I got up from my seat and walk towards her, and attracted some attentions. Bear in mind, it was a distance away. I even asked a lady beside me to look after my seat, just in case it got taken away. I just couldn’t understand how people could act so ignorant and pretended nothing happen. They were busy sending text messages and or just simply staring blankly. I’m not doing this to show how noble I am, or to make others guilty. I did that because I feel it was the right thing to do. Frankly, I was upset over this incident, like a big heavy thing came crashing down on my heart (Pretty emo eh?). It was real despair to witness how cold and numb people can be.

There are always the good, bad and ugly people. And I happened to meet the ugly ones.

3 comments:

cookiedonut said...

i totally agree!!! human being are so cruel n ugly at most of the time... they are just moralless lah!

Melissa said...

I left a really loooong comment yesterday, but it couldn't be posted up.ishhh..annoying.anyway, let me try and remember what I typed yesterday.

The world's filled with loads of beautiful people on the outside but ugly in the inside. But hey, your action in offering your seat to the lady even though you're far from her should be able to garner some gazes from those people in the bus and HOPEFULLY make them feel guilty for not offering their seats to someone who needs it more than they do.

Anddd, as Christians, we should be doing such thing, and be a shining light for God. I'm so proud of you..bet the big guy up there is proud of you too :)))) Actions speak louder than words!

Take careeeeee my sampat friend!!

suling said...

I'm proud of you babe! =)
*hugs*