A string of donuts

When I started to place more faith on the public transportation, it has once again let me down. You have no idea how pissed I am waiting for the bus for bloody (oops!) two hours!! Read my lips: two hours!! With these two hours, I can take a nice shower, have a decent meal, and maybe walk from main campus to bangsar LRT station. I was restless and hungry, bear in mind that it was just after a heavy downpour. At that very moment, I just whined and whined and acting like a small child persuading for candies. This behavior is call as “crazymaking” which is part of passive aggression (I learnt that in Human Comm.) Burn actually recorded the whole 3 minutes of me whining and droning! But thank God that Burn had been a really good bus buddy, keeping me entertained and poor guy, he had to listen to me whining like what?? For two hours!!

Finally the bus came!!

I reached home about 9.30pm, after having a hot shower and nice dinner, it was about 10.30pm!! The bad news is I haven’t got the materials ready for my presentation on the next day. It was part of my fault as well for not getting things done earlier. So I stayed up till wee hour, and slept for like 5 hours! I’m ok with sleeping fewer hours, but my point is my traveling time is even longer than my sleeping hours.

Again, Burn is trying to brainwash me to shift to bangsar. I have to admit the process of traveling is tiring, but somehow I got used to it. I’m just not ready to step out of my comfort zone at any moment. You would be surprise if I told you catching a bus can actually teach you a life learning lesson, and it’s for free!

**********

Our inaugural Speakup night has come and gone. It was consider as not-that-bad I guess. I was pretty much buzzing and sweating around to get thing right and hardly chill myself down although it was not under of my job scope. But hey, I can’t let it ruined the night. Thanks to Ridzuan to come for my rescue even though he was not in his shining amour! Hardly have breath to take picture, but I managed to grab some from my human comm. kaki:







Tasmia the young talented lady hailed from Bangladesh. I always have this perception that she comes from Pakistan, haa…(they just look the same!)











People behind the scene






**********



In the midst of unfinished assignments and dreaded exams, I still make my way to catch a gig, Unity Concert- Skipping the differences for one and all organized by Rotary Club of Klang on Friday night, at Hokkien Hall. My first thought was, of all places why Klang? Why Hokkien Hall? I thought Hokkien Hall is only meant for cultural performances with lion dance, fan dance or whatsoever. Even my sis was double checking with me on the venue, no, triple checking! Later that afternoon, ling messaged me saying I will have a surprise on Hokkien Hall at 8pm. You see she was supposed to join Royal Rangers to a Melaka trip, but it was cancel. Ha, she failed to surprise me (but nice try babe!) because at that point of time, I sort of expected she will be turn up for the gig. Bestie have telepathy connecting each other, remember?

I thought it would be nice to have girl night out with my sis since it was Friday night. So we headed to the gig. No surprise, Ling was there waiting for me at the entrance, along with Grace and Eugene. Before I came for the show, my sis has warned me not to expect too much, but somehow I was hoping for something new, a breakthrough for underground local bands. Well, things don’t always go well. It was a bitter taste of local music. I’m fine with hip hop, but their music doesn’t seem appealing to me. Amazingly they have really hardcore fanatic young girls screaming and jumping as if Eminem is in town. No offense but all of us have fun making constructive comments about them. Still, I managed to catch performance by some up and coming groups like Yuki, Melodica, Kook, Ultimate, Le Bella Mafia, Ultimate and etc. Later Jules and Prem from Fly.fm appeared to be guest hosts of the latter night. This is when the crowd started to heat up, but I was waiting intensively for big acts like Auntie Mabel, Reefa, Joe Flizzow of Too Phat, Sasi the don and KtownClan to make their appearance. But sad, sad, all those big acts were only performing towards end of the gig, like 2am! 20 minutes of Ultimate was enough to bore me to dead, and expect me to wait for another 2 hours?! So I headed home without seeing all those big acts performance, how sad! Anyhow, I managed to catch a glimpse of Joe Flizzow and Sasi the Don, and a quick “hi” to Roshan of KtownClan.



Overall, it was poorly organized, low budget, low profile with less publicity and the venue itself was already a big mistake! We were told it was for charity as all proceeds will to buy school uniforms for kids in need, but eh, they did not even mention who are the kids!! (Hello!! Critical thinking here) Despite for the miserable gig, I still mark my stand for those really talented made in Malaysia bands out there like Estranged, Meet Uncle Hussain, and Hujan.


*********

Speaking of music, lately I have been into sub stream music like Indies instead of the main stream, big bang ones. Recently Jason introduced me to Mika, singer of Happy Ending which I think most of us are familiar with. This is no Indies album. Rather most of the songs are preppy, funky and Alice Wonderland liked songs. Highly recommend tuning on the songs while you are driving, especially cruising along the highway. Road trips must have *grin*

Say goodbye to plain old tunes, I’m looking forward to jazz up my ipod with my new collection of songs.

Now, where’s Grace? I’m so going to ask her for Meet Uncle Hussain Album.

1 comment: