Not-So-Routine

have I realize my previous post somehow has been pretty whinny, so I thought it will be nice to enlighten my readers on a brighter note.

This week has been really great; bumping into my high school mates from time to time when I least expected it. I went to AFS dinner party on last Saturday night. It was really last minute coz firstly, I was stressing out on my two research papers and secondly, I have transportation problem. But it was very nice of Mr. Bernard for keep insisting me to go and even arranged transportation for me. So I was like err, alright!! I was jumping for joy when I met my YES kaki- Kelsey, Yah Tyng and Nambee!! It was always been nice to chill out with them especially when Yah Tyng and Nambee were around. They can rock my socks out!! Coincidently, Cheryl who was my high school mate and a returnee from Switzerland happened to be there as well. We never been close back in high school days but AFS have bonded us in a way where we have so much to share. I met Han Chun as well, who was my high school senior and returnee from Germany. Later I found out that he used to live in my neighborhood, my primary school and high school mate. Even my mum knows his mum!!! Yet I was not aware at this while. Can you see how small the world is after all? Looks like this AFS party turned up to be more like my high school reunion instead.

Oh, I cut my hair to real short!!! For once I felt heartsick seeing my hair being chopped off. Somehow my short hair created a commotion in the campus. When Jason first saw my new hair cut, he actually screamed out loud in the public like no body business. Yes, in the public. Emma will be hailed for her loudest-high pitch-pixie liked scream like this, “SIYAANNNNNN!!!” Alan and Sarah were shocked as well and shouted my name in no where. The funny thing was when I bumped into Joyce in the washroom and ended up screaming first and laughing later. Seriously, they hardly can recognize me. One thing for sure, they bombarded me on why I cut my hair. Well, there’s not any particular reason, not that I broke up with my boyfriend, just feeling hairy… hahaha. But the response I received has been overwhelming so far, most of them loved my new look. Even the lecturers said so. Whee!

Melissa and I had a date on Friday. Not an ordinary date, but a date to CF. It was my very first time. I’m glad that Mel is willing to give CF a chance and I thought it will be nice to accompany her. Coz I think it’s important to have a Christian friend to keep encouraging one another when we started to stray off like lost sheep. But to be frank, both of us think CF is not really our sort of place coz they tend to stick to their subculture and really make us look like lost sheep. But it was fun hanging out with Mel coz she has never failed to brighten my day. Mel was fooling around with the beach liked umbrella, those big huge ones. And the next thing I know, we got stuck underneath the umbrella. Can you imagine how funny it was? Two grown ups were stuck!! And more, Melissa has coordination problem. She couldn’t walk in straight line!! As usual, we were laughing like mad women when Mel was trying to search for her rapidKL bus ticket among all the expired bus tickets. *shaking my head* Mel..Mel…

Today the sixers decided to go for movie after CTS quiz. We watched 10,000 BC. I would say it was a pretty simple story line, but sort of flat with not much of climax and character development. It’s just OK. After lunch, we went for book shopping. Out of the sudden, three of us (the girls) were so hyped up on books. Yea, cultivating the reading habit young people! Yong, Joyce and I each bought a book. So we can exchange once we finish reading. Smart eh? I bought The Memory Keeper’s daughter. It’s been quite a while I haven’t buy any books, so it would be neat to buy one. There are a number of books in my list which I really want to read badly after my finals- Dan Brown’s Angel and Demon, P.S I love you, Tuesday with Morris and Shopalcoholics series. All this while I have been into thrillers, and it will be nice to change into something more novelty, but nothing too cheesy. On the way back home, I met Zee Shake!!! It was unexpected, really unexpected. Haven’t seen him for two years and we though of catching up since last year but time always get in our way. And guess what? He was my high school mate too!!

See, I told you. This week has been like a high school reunion to me!! I prayed that God, please bless me a crisis since my life has been kind of predictable lately. I know it’s silly to pray for a crisis to happen. But God always works in an amazing way where I meet unexpected friends in unexpected place and unexpected time.

No comments: