Like No Other

Seriously I can’t wait any longer for my semester break to start.

Just imagine along with me- Catching movies with your friends, eating good food, sleeping over, chilling out and giggling away or just simply be a couch potato and reading a good book. How about that?

As an appetizer, I spent a fun-filling day with my bestie Ling at 1U last Saturday. As Ling quoted, “a productive day.” Yup, it is definitely one productive day! *ahem, clearing my throat* we started off having lunch at chilis!! Gosh, the food there was spelled AWESOME. Of course the prize was expectedly awesome as well. But hey, food for soul, people! I don’t mind to spend a little extra on food :) I ordered a lamb shoulder, certain part was chewy but the meat was well cooked, and the mash potato gravy was yummy yum!! We had a nice chat with cockroaches. She has this phobia with cockroaches but not with snakes, tiger or lion. I remember that once I killed a tiny weenie baby cockroach at her house by spraying water at the poor fellow. Oh I saw a TV ad about shieldtox cockroach killer the other day, and I think I’m going to buy her one for her birthday. *grin*

Note for Ling: A discovering channel says people who are afraid of cockroaches because they don’t understand them. So get personal with them! HAHAHA…

Check out Ling’s lime fish steak.


Kita memang jakun betul!! Mesti pose kau-kau (see, hardcore Malaysians)


Lucky chilis for having two hot chicks from the block *wink*



Later on, I received Dina’s call that she and Pravis, an Uzbek guy are coming down to meet us after movie and man, I jumped for excitement.

So Ling and I managed to catch Charlie Wilson’s War after lunch. The movie was a bit too much of dialogue, but it was a good way of learning some American history.

After our movie, we met up with Parvis and Dina. We tagged Parvis along for shopping while Dina was away to pick up Johan. We had Baskin Robin ice cream and head for shopping trial to look for Anna’s birthday gift. Poor Parvis, have to bear with the boredom. But he was one witty and funny guy, definitely made Ling’s day for sure.


No where to bring him, so bought him to Milo!



After that Ling send me back home. For the very first time, she came to my house and had dinner. It was my first time as well to have a friend come over for dinner. (You better be grateful, woman!) But she came in the wrong time with like no other experience, hahahaha..long story anyway.



My excitement was overwhelming the moment I saw Parvis. I met him in about a year ago, at Oregon. He was hosted in Indiana and his sister was hosted by my liaisons, Lee and Lana about 2 years ago. Parvis then fled to pay Lee and Lana a visit and that’s how I came across him. (Yes, it is a small small world). When he told me he will be coming to Malaysia to drop me a visit, to be frank, I did not take it seriously and the thought of him coming to here has never came across to my mind.

Of course I’m glad to see him again, and for sure I will bring him around to experience the Malaysian culture like no other.

1 comment:

Aleckii said...

The picture lookss.... AMAZING!!!

My stomach grumbled all of a sudden... and it's 1.30am in the morning... Sigh...