when the wedding bell rings

Skip the cliché part of the flower girls or pageboy, couple walking down the aisle hand in hand, or cutting the wedding cake. I’m speaking about family reunion here!! I dunno about your family, but mine is one big family. I’m close to my mum’s side family compared to my dad’s side. My dad’s side is like scatter around the world map, so you know, it’s hard to gather everyone at one place. My both parents’ family is exactly like east meets west where my mum’s side are mostly Chinese educated, while my dad’s side is English educated. Sometimes it keeps me wonder how they both be together since they are so different. I guess opposite attracts. Good thing for me and my sis since we exposed to different cultural background, appreciate our roots and proud to be “cina”!! That’s also explains why my sis was sent to a national school, on the other hand, I was in a Chinese national school.

You know how family reunion like right? C’mon, I’m sure you know especially when your relatives bombarded you with questions, or u might be having a hard time remembering what that particular auntie or uncle’s name. Last Sunday was one of my closest cousin’s wedding (mum’s side) and man, I just realized how fast time flies, real fast. I have not seen them since I came back from Bush Land, so naturally some are surprised to see my changes and how much I have grown. Same goes to me especially when I saw how much my nieces and nephews have changed physically where baby face no longer can be seen, seem to be taller and I becoming shorter, and some don’t even recognized me ( I mean the kids la..) !! This shows how long I have not seen them.


Some were like, “wow, u gained lots of weight!!”

Well, thank you very much!!

Others were like, “u looked mature beyond your age, seem to be at the 20’s.”

Ok, this is no good.

boy, call yan yan gu gu ( gu gu refered as auntie in chinese)”

I would prefer you to call me jie jie.

“ so where are you working now? “

Excuse me?!!! Im still studying. Hello, I’m 18 :)



Of course, there were some positive ones……



“Wow, u looked awesome, becoming beautiful day by day.”

Thanks a million, zillion!

“ ahhh… I remembered you. You’ re the smart one.”

Well, thanks for the compliment. But my name is not “the smart one”. In other words, you don’t remember me. But I don’t blame you though, since he’s my mum’s 80 years old uncle, couldnt expect him to remember so much right?

“ you and your sis look more alike now.”

We turned our heads and stared at each other and screaming “no way” in our heads. Haha…


Oh well, all in all… it’s nice to see all the familiar faces again and witness the wonders of the past, present and future (will be ushering a newborn next year!!). This is what family reunion is all about.

Anyway, happy newly wed to Eunice and Edmund.


2 comments:

xianfu said...

LOL.

u knw what.. when I went to my bro primary skol..taman rashna..

his friends thought Im his dad.. i was onli 16.. HELOOOO... hahaha

cyan_loh said...

xian fu!!! u r here!! really?? man, teruklah those people..simply give judgement XD LOL