the sweetest swing in my life

lately it has been raining A LOT!!! and i hate that coz it makes u feel gloomy, lazy and upset sometimes.. now it's still raining and im here in my computer lab, i'm always free on tues and thurs coz i have only 4 classes where as i have 6 classes on mon, wed and fri. anyway, hopefully the rain will stops at 2 today coz i have walk home, but oh well, i can take the bus if i want to. the house computer is not working again, something wrong with the internet connection. yea, its sucks!!

i manage to catch up with sean, jeremy and wei ran back in msia on last sunday night. u ask me how? msn of coz!! I received emails from my dad, wei zhe, ban choon, xin yi , sean and aaron who's in russia now. ahem, su ling used to email me though. and also my friends who send me testimonials in friendster...jon jon, i love urs the most! last but least, my fellow loyal reader..yes, i mean you!! i mean its nice and fun reading their mails, and to catch up with them and know what its goin on in their lives.

I really miss my friends back in malaysia!! they hang out together during CNY, go for ang pau hunting and all. as for me, of coz i did celebrate a lil. but i celebrate it in a japanese way since Bonnie is a half japanese. so she served me nato, kim chi and mua chi...i tell ya, the mua chi is SOOOooo...not nice!! haha, coz we usually have it in sweet way, but this time i have it in salty way with seaweed and soy sauce. trust me, its not nice!! *shaking my head*

oh well, i have been so busy for the last two weeks coz i have been partying hard!! getting drunk and smoking!!!! haha, no way! you see, being 18 in US is a BIG thing!! people treat and respect u like an adult, but of coz, u are expect to take charge of everything too. my host family dont really pay much attention to me as i'm an 18 years old who are expected to take care of myself. It can be a good thing and a bad thing. Frankly, i dont really mind as i understand they are so occupied with their kids and work. The good thing is i'm given the freedom to do whatever i like as long its not against the rules. for instance, i went out to watch a music show with audrey and friends on last fri and we hang out till 3 in the morning!!! can u imagine that?? i dont do that in msia. i'm just too afraid. probably my mum will freak out, or even worst, kill me if she finds out..haha. ssshhh..its between you and me k!! but i guess its too late, coz sean has already told her, LOL!!! no mcfly album for you!! i went to a bar celebrating sonali's birthday on last week. dont get me wrong, no drugs! no alcohol!! just plain fun and having great time at the dance floor. u might be thinking its about hip hop, punk rock music, but NO!! its blues and jazz music.erm, i begin to appreciate that kind of music. on last weekeed, i went to watch a play untitled the sweetest swing in baseball with rachel and family oh well, i will post on that later. rachel's parents are so cool coz they used to work with dreamworks. and guess wat?? her dad is the art director for shrek1, the night before christmas, antz bully etc. but now they are working on their own, and doing an animated cartoon named jack and ben. i'm looking forward to it!! and they are super nice people!! yea, I was hardly at home during fri and sat. i think i'm being spoiled of freedom!! good thing? or bad? u judge urself!

this week will be another busy yet exciting week for me. tonight im goin to have a dinner with john and his wife who is bonnie's colleague. they wanted to know more about malaysia as they plan to have a vacation there. i better put on my best behaviour!! LOL~this saturday is mock trial competition, so wish me luck!! and im goin to do a presentation in a church, telling them about malaysia of coz, and life as a christian. im planning to tell them about kwang hua's CF and ISCF interskol rally ( yeah!!!). you see, i'm doing a good job as a youth ambassador of Malaysia. no, im not goin to say i make malaysia proud again, haha. im not goin to let siew leng pinpoint me AGAIN, LOL!! im not finish yet.. and i have to write a report after doing each presentation. moreover, i'm required to do minimum 4 presentations!!! hey, the US goverment wont pay me here for nothing!!

i guess spm results are coming out soon. to be honest, i dont really care much about it. But i'm concern though. i think because i know i will eventually go to college with or without scholarship. Obtaining a scholarship is like an icing on top of the cake. having a chance to experience 6 months in US is what makes my life different, and I wont trade it for anything alse, not even a scholarship. i have learnt to become a better communicator as people here are not friendly as they seem. they will say hi and how are you to you, not because they accept u as a fren, just that they are being nice to you. and this is how you greet people in US, i did that too everyday in school asking people, how are you. you will consider as part of their click when you are invited to parties and hang outs every weekend, yes, this is their culture!! you have to understand, its hard to break in the click and expect them to accept you just like thats. afterall, u r just an exhanged student and wont be here for long.

as for me, im really grateful that i have my own click. one thing i'm afraid of is people back home, i mean my family and friends might be having a hard time accepting the differences in me coz deep down in me, i know l somehow have change in one
way or the other. I know i should have care less on what people think about me, but sometimes its hard. but no doubt, it is the sweetest swing in my life...at the moment!

yea, its wordy i know!!!


oh ya, linda is coming to have a sleepover this wed!!! woo hoo! i loved her!!
p/s : personal msg to pumbaa>>> timon and pumbaa are still rocking hard!!!!

1 comment:

Wong Ken Ming said...

Hi.

Rain is good. It means winter is over and spring is coming! Not much rain here in Kansas. Lots of wind though.

Sounds like you are having lots of fun! Too bad I'm not 18 yet.

You can't find my blog? Just click on my name! My blog is accessable through my profile.

Leave a comment!

Ken.