It’s not about eggs and bunnies

There we go, the first quarter of the year has bygone *gasp* Damn, that’s fast!

In many ways, God has crafted many new experiences for me. And I thank God for His blessings, in however small or big.

Last week was the Passion Week- one of the most important weeks in Christian Calendar. And I spent the entire week fasting on my breakfast, praying and devoting...well, simply spending some quiet time with God. OH yes, this year I do feel more connected, both emotionally and spiritually and in some ways I did see a spiritual growth in myself. Indeed, I’m increasing in Christ, gradually :)

I know I’m not really an evangelistic Christian (perhaps not a good person to go to when comes to biblical studies) and I’m pretty much still a strong believer of “You have a choice and Everything in moderation” but that doesn’t make me a less Christian, just that I show my worship and thankfulness to God in my own way. Like what some people said, going to church doesn’t make one a Christian either. For me, I just believe in living a Christian’s life. It speaks much volume and like always, it makes a good testimonial.

This month I am back to teaching in Sunday school. Some times kids are the sweetest, coolest, funniest, loving, most genuine and most wonderful little darlings ever. But at times, it’s just stubbornness and kamikaze disobedience! We had an arts and crafts session for Easter, and kids being kids, they got distracted easily, were start poking each other and throwing glue across the table. I was quite wishy-washy with their discipline. I want them to have fun learning. It gone a little messy but that was the whole idea of arts and crafts!

Kids behaving badly are just normal part of growing up. Very soon, they will move into the ‘big kid’ phase. On the flip side, I don’t want to under-estimate the child’s potential or be a pushy teacher or be the one with deluded expectations or smother the child. Sadly, they have somehow grow into their little confined boxes- scared of getting their hands dirty, afraid to colour outside the line, and thought apples are always red! See, I don’t want to hold the kids back or keep them wrapped up in a cotton wool anymore!

Sarah's new toy- fujifilm instax mini 7S. She is very much one happy child *beam*

So what’s my cherry for this week? Besides assignments have been clearing up now and guess what? Sarah took a Polaroid picture of me! A fun-sized picture and this is my second Polaroid, loves! 


And oh, see my posted pictures? It’s side by side now :) Pictures look compressed though, don't think my blog layout fit for big and wide picture. Ngeh. 



2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha you made the photo stick side by side! ;)

and noo, the tiramisu on my blog is not with chilli sauce, haha! it's raspberry sauce, yum! :D

i can't studyyy! btw, i dreamt of 202 last night, haha. x

cyan_loh said...

Gosh 0.0 you dreamt of 202 of all things? Haha, I hope its not a nightmare x)