Snippet of Fete De la Musique

It turned out to be, well… just another local independent music showcase.

Personally, I think it was kind of a bumper. It is called as French Festive Music yet without any French songs, elements or touches it in. Ok, probably just one or two French songs. *nodding head* Yes, pathetic. It’s like roti telur tanpa telur, get what I mean?

But it was not as bad as the Unity concert I last attended in Klang. Please don’t remind me about that.

Seriously, I have no idea why on earth HELP was organizing this. Sorry, maybe it is just me who don’t seem to see the rationality behind it.


So I and Kai (not in the pic), along with Boon Ken, Gomez and Grace headed down to the place to cheer and show our generous support for the performers.


Well, at least we tried to.

Err, who's this band again?

*speechless on this* Simply because I don't understand a word he said..or rapped.


This band did a pretty good job actually. I did enjoy myself :)



Haha, Ridzuan is the only one who seems to be ‘exposed’. Even the guy beneath was covering his face.


And witty Boon Ken came out with his lame old joke:

Boon Ken: Eh, you know why they all wearing masks ar?
Me: Don’t know. Why huh?
Boon Ken: Coz they play so badly that they don’t want people to recognize them!

Here’s the Better Day.


It was my first time hearing Leonard singing live along with microphone!! It was just OK, interactive though.

At least they manage to mesmerize Boon Ken *wink*


I enjoyed performance by Maria Margarita the most. Smiles of satisfaction were visible among the crowd. They were the finalist in Battle of the Band so you can guess they are pretty much up to standard. (sorry guys, no pics!)


****
My thoughts:
Indeed there are some talented bands out there. They are raw, but potential.
There are moments that I enjoyed myself, but overall it just average. It did not create any impact, at least not on me.
I understand the concept is originated from French but still the title was misleading.

But it was definitely an event to kill my time.

No comments: