food.me.art

Seriously, I have to blog about this.

This is going to be an interesting piece.

It is definitely something I’m passionate about. But my selfish thought seems reluctant to share the good news, but my conscious tells me for sure this is a thing that worth sharing.

Roy tagged me to



Born and breed in Malaysia for 19 years, and I hardly came across a place like this.

Unlike back in the States, shops with this concept can be found in every corner of the street. Americans just appreciate this stream of art and I think it is too cool for Malaysians. I would love to bring the culture back here to my home and how glad I am that someone actually did.

Unconventional art is abstract and instinctual, an art which not many people know how to appreciate.
When Roy and I stepped into the store, we saw a group of high school girls camwhor-ing with their camera clicking all the way, posing with their cupcakes, and trying to put up their best smile. I have no problem with that, because I too, was once been at their stage. But what keep us wonder was, are they here because they appreciate the place, or just glamorous to be seen in that place? We came to a conclusion: kids today are spoilt and pampered. Imagine they have that amount of cash to spend on cupcakes!! But of course we are the ones who stay for the food and art.



The place is cozy, comfy and just feels like home. Just nice to hang out or have an intimate talk with friends and loved ones. I wouldn’t say the cupcakes were awesome, but definitely better than cupcake chic. Not too sweet, and taste like home made! Do try their sandwich- Beef Ranch if you have the chance. It was a bomb!! Roy quoted, ‘The best sandwich I ever tasted!!’ Yes, I grabbed a bite too. So you can take my word for that.



What I loved the most is their creativities. You can see the amazing creativeness of theirs unleash the whole room. They have a corner selling vintage clothes that no two designs are aliked. So if this is your thing, do check it out. They sell creative arts as well like their very own postcards, pixel arts, miniature action figures, cool paintings and more. The reason I love it so much is because they are not things that can be found in any other place. They are authentic. They have personal touch on it. They are different.



I called them independent art.

And the coolest thing is they do hold junk yard sales from time to time. Not something Malaysians appreciate I would say.

Just look at Blook and Cat Whisker. They were once independent clothing store but now, the story is different all together. I understand this is part of the business game, but somehow they lost their specialty and uniqueness. Today they are well blend into the conventional and commercial line. Anyhow, I still love you, Blook.

That’s the reason why I reluctant to share with too many people, only to a couple of close friends. I don’t want the place polluted by crowd and turned out to be just ‘another’ store. But this is something that too good to keep to myself. In fact, I want Malaysians to expose to this stream of art and learn to appreciate. One day, I really hope to see every single store has its very own kind of personality, creativity and touch. How cool it is to have different thoughts, inspiration and emotions whenever you enter into different store!!

Deep down, I do believe creativity and uniqueness can go a long way. Check out their link on your left side bar.


Some interesting pieces

Their art
One fisheye, two cupcakes and a fork
Need say more?
Saw this piece of art when I was on my way to washroom


Staff only+
i.am.inspired.
Yes, I have my eyes on junk yard sales :)

No comments: