Love Mama Love

Mother’s day comes and gone. But that doesn’t mean we should stop celebrating mother’s love, in fact we should be celebrating it at every other day as Mother’s day. Not quoted by me, but my mom. (She’s probably hinting something)

Like any other typical family, we went to have a nice Mother’s Day dinner. I guess food is like a magnetic force behind a close-knit family, especially in my case, a hardcore foodie family. Going extra mile to search for the D-best food has become part of my family’s leisure. This Mother’s day has definitely given us a chance to fulfill our craving for seafood!! All of us seem to be knocked off by seafood madness when my dad decided to bring us to Teluk Gong, Klang for seafood!! By then, my sis and I have already listed out the MUST have menu at the back of our mind.

We decided to give Coconut Flower Restaurant a try after watching a review on Ho Chiak, 8TV. The moment we were there, the whole place was in total craziness with people. It was fully packed!! All of waiters and waitress were carrying walkie-talkie along with them; now just picture how big the restaurant is. We waited for 20 minutes for a table, another 20 to 30 minutes for the dishes to be served. First was the Lala with fried mihun, their so-called specialty dish which turned out to be a bumper. It was not Lala anyway, it was siput!! Next will be Nestum Prawn which spelled superb, the fragrant aroma of Nestum filled the air in no time. Then was the Belacan Kangkung which is ok I guess, but I still prefer the mouth watering Penang style of Belacan Kangkung. Steam fish with soy sauce manage to mesmerize my parents with the freshness and smooth texture of the fish itself. To me, the fish just taste like fish (haha..) But I was blown away by the salted egg crab!! Since young, I am always in love with crabs. Salted egg crumbs can be seen on the corner of my mouth and I simply just can’t stop eating. It was so finger licking good!

Ok, ok, enough with food. It’s supposed to be all about mom, not food!
My mom…
is paranoid
is conservative in colours and taste
doesn’t fancy cheesecake
doesn’t appreciate American culture
knows nothing about gadgets

But she

taught me about life values
encouraged me to pursue my dreams
shared my thoughts
listened
to my ramblings
laughed along with me

Both of us can be so different yet the same. We might have disagreements and mind of our own but we have our fun moments together like hitting each other butts and calling funny names.

Trust and Faith is what all it takes.

Mom, you are always queen of my heart!

No comments: