Catching up with old times

Place has never been a problem, but time has always been a pain. We don’t need a fancy restaurant, or sumptuous meal. All we need is a quiet corner furnished with simple furniture. And it is all set.

Timing always gets in a way, somehow. You know how often we say, “Let’s go yam char one day”, or “see you soon”. At times I wondered when the day will comes, or when is soon.

Well, somehow someway I managed to meet up with my old buddies. It will always never fail to give me that warm fuzzy feeling I longing for.

Ever since Francine and Ying transferred to Help Uni, I didn’t once drop them a visit not until on the Chinese New Year eve itself. We did bump into one another from time to time. But this time we managed to meet up for lunch and had a good talk for hours, which was a pleasure.



Jeanne has been my buddy since I was 8 years old during the old days where we were in our dark blue pinafores and pig tails. We shared joy and tears in our 11 years of friendships, and it still going strong. . I wish I will be there for her when she’s in her wedding gown and walking down the aisle. (It’s a girl thing *wink*)

I met wie sze when I was in form3, when both of us were librarians. (Yeap, I was once a librarian) She is like an M&M (don’t you laugh ok, I know it’s weird to describe a person with a choc). From the outlook, it looks crunchy where she looks cool and tough, and inside it melts in my mouth with her craziness and hype-ness.

Seeing them make me reminiscing the old school days, which I hold dearly. Friends like them who gave me tremendous support and encouragement are what make me a stronger person. Aww…

Since landing back to Bolehland, each one of us had separated to different path working towards the dream life that we wanted to.

Here’s Azhan. I salute for his carefree and adventurous spirit. He came all the way from penang to KL with RM7, USD2, and 100baht in his pocket!! I tell ya, he is the right person to turn to for survival guides. It takes a LOT of risk and courage to be in KL with just RM7 in your pocket!! If I was him, I don’t think I will make this move. All this while, he’s been actively volunteering in AFS and backpacking while most of us were occupied with our college life. He’s a very intellectual and knowledgeable person who knows things from A to Z, even fashion. I called him modernized Malay.

His entrepreneur skills definitely make him a few bucks richer. Hoong has been working part time while operating his online business and studying A levels at the same. This guy is going to appear in Times in no time. So ladies, keep your eyes on him!

Personally I was not really close with Chui Yee, unlike I’m with Azhan and Hoong. Nevertheless, it was a great opportunity for us to bond and make up for the lost. This girl too taken a year gap, and started a new chapter last month.

Spending time with them helps me to keep in touch with my American side. Each of us has our own American slang (Malaysians will claim us as Showoffs.) We shared the American jokes. And missed the American food. They are the ones who understand what was like before flying to US, what was like during US and what was like after coming back to US. They noticed my changes, witnessed my growth and celebrated my happiness.





Ning was my closest buddy in my high school days. We sat together side by side for 2 years. The funny thing was, we used to hate each other. We got annoyed easily by each other’s actions, and we used to talk bad on one another. Some spells must have cast on us, after a year we happened to be the closest buddies! I remembered how disgusted I was when sitting beside her on the first day of school. But of course somehow things changed. We had so much to share and talk, and always got scolded for being the noisiest in class! The minute before she left to Australia, she rang me. I felt so bad for being a lousy friend that I totally forgotten about her going, but at the same, I was glad that she called.


I bet you will get sick of seeing her?!! Not now, just hold on there.


This is one person who needs not any introduction. Ling and I shared the same wavelength, values and perspectives where sometimes words don’t need to be exchanged. Our fondest memories will be form2 where we were chasing each other in the classroom with our water bottles, making silly jokes on our history teacher and laughing trembling down from the chair over aerogramme. Woman, do you still remember that?! Where's my NZ ice cream?




He’s baaaccck!!!

Timon and Pumbaa!! We had been T&P gang since like forever.
I was really glad that we are able to meet up after being apart for a year. We had been really close friends for a long time. We grow up spanking, smacking and pitching each other.. haha, to show how abusive we are. But of course along the journey we learnt to give and take, forgive and forget.

It’s just comforting to know that things have not really changed much after a long time of separation; despite he lost tons of weight of course.

2 comments:

ikanbilis said...

i love........ Pumba!

ikanbilis said...

not really. haha, i mean I heart you! its so sweet of you writing about friends and stuff and its really important to keep it up with everyone even it might be hard sometimes.