Little by little one walks far

My convocation ended not too long ago.

I was excited of course, though I wasn’t excited as I thought I would be. To me, convocation was a mere formality, a protocol. I wouldn’t call it a closure, not really. At least not for me. That very day I received my results, that was my closure. That was the day I called myself a graduate student. So you see, I had closed that chapter of life 3 months ago.

Of course, having to come thus far gives me some thoughts to ponder upon.

It is true that some of the pople who made an impact on my life don’t know it- such people include, but by far not limited to- from the people I acquainted with to people from extremely distant past (like the guy I sat next to in kindergarten who had to put up with my horrendous crooning). Sometimes the interaction is so minimum but when my path cross with such peple whose brilliance and significance are so immediately eminent, I think about how in some ways these people change the decisions I make and the person that I become.

I think the best part is finding small slices of humanity here and there. It is being pleasantly surprised. It is being inspired and changed by someone’s humility, intellegence, willpower, or kookiness. That’s the best part. But of course not all people are nice and sweet. I do appreciate for the lessons they brought me. These experiences too built me into the person I am today.

With that, I learnt about one thing- by giving it my all. Give it with compassion, kindness, faithfulness but also with wisdom. Give it your all to dream dangeriously and outrageously, to make something that didn’t exist before others made it. Give it your all so that you will be loved and be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return.  And most  importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you always be kind.

On a last note, a big thank you for those who went through the different facets of life with me- the good, the bad and the ugly; and also to those who met me at a half way. Thank you! I hope you have not greater, but meaningful things to celebrate in life- celebrate the mistakes, the opportunities and even the nuts and bolts of everyday life.