Queen Victoria Market


 One of the few places that I love doing grocery shopping is farmers market. I had never gotten around visiting any farmers market in Melbourne, but Queen Victoria Market came close to second.


It was a wet and rainy weekday morning when I went there. The crowd was quiet. But I was told by the locals that the place is usually swamped by people over the weekends! Boy, am I glad! I enjoyed taking slow walk, and these were a few rare instances where I walked through every aisle and browsed through each stall that I possibly could!


There was a myriad of freshly produced fruits and vegetables, large number of craft and home made goods, a handful of designers’ stalls and pre-loved items. If you are lucky enough like me, perhaps you will be able to locate some hidden gems, and even get a discount or two!


I especially adore the meat section! It was well stocked with both fresh and processed meat from sausages, bacon to ham, loin, spare rib and the many different cuts of the pork! It was quite entertaining sight, I must say.


Oh not forgetting, look out for the donut truck! Something not to be missed! 

No comments: