Farmer’s hat on a Saturday morning

Oh, it has been rather a crazy week for me! In between of preparing for my Farmhouse Apprentice challenge, I spent most of the days in taking pleasure of my personal jaunts with books, House, tread and stitches :) And just yesterday, Fern and I went for an orphanage visiting and brought not one, but two kids for shopping! Two kids yet we were somewhat drained!

***
As promised, I will give you some fractions of Project Angkat Rumah. It is a belated posting, but I enjoy doing that sometimes. It sort of gives me an excuse to relish that moment in time, both deeply and vaguely remembered. Think about it, 12 months ago I wouldn’t be doing this and 12 months later, I probably won’t have the chance to do it again! 


Donning in my tights, baggy tee, pink shades and oh, how could I forget...the good old fashion farmer’s hat! Sun above head, and I was sweating every single fluid out of my body! It was all nice and sticky :)


The whole project is metaphorically, a task of crossing the mountain, the valley and the ocean! The parade started off with drums and trumpets, colourful props and soon enough toil and sweat seeped in. The height of the house was a little too high to cross under a pedestrian bridge so left us no choice but to take a sharp turning into a narrow alley! We even had to move a school bus because it was blocking our way! Oh yes, lots of superhero actions going around!

Upon reaching KLpac entrance, an excavator was readily waiting to lift the house across the guard house. Meanwhile, we took a short break to gulp in the much needed fresh air. Along the way, its roof got tangled up with telephone cables and tree branches for almost countless time! Despite all that, the house still remained in a happy shape.


I’m not sure if the house was designed that way for a reason, with the certain height and width. Intentionally or unintentionally, the little actions and dramas definitely peppered up the whole parade! Or else, it would be just another boring and dull affair.

Sounds of cheering and familiar Rasa Sayang echoing within ears, sight of having hundreds and hundreds of people carrying a giant house- and that was a picture of muhibbah-ness. The Malaysia that I love.


This was a crazy photo of me. I looked like some sort of feminist advocate. Haha. One day when I’m old and wrinkled, I hope to rediscover this moment of time for the second time!  


Image credits- Hafiz Chan ; Khalilmakata

1 comment:

Mei-Fern Chong said...

The last photo is one you should get printed out. It's worth it. ;)