Silent Love

"Marry if only you met the right one. But never settle for the second best. Always settle for the best!"

Ahh, that’s my mama!    

With my mum, I try not to share too little too much with her. So I wouldn't say we are best friends or even close to Lorelai-Rory wannabe. She takes no parenting class. But everything turns out just perfectly fine, just the way we want it. 

In many ways, we both share a mutual respect, binded with lots of unspoken love in between. The casual tone. The sarcastic jokes. The common understanding. The undoubted faith.

Her gestures speak much of self-sacrificing. Like  waking up with breakfast on table, the sweet fragrance of laundry lying on my bed, and oh... freshly cut fruits after dinner! Those are the things that put a smile on my face, just effortlessly.


I called the silent love.
Something that I have witnessed over the years. Something that makes her so strong. Sometimes I did wonder if I have the courage to be like her. I'm never the filial child. The courage to do what she’s doing now. I’m always curious and so, distracted with the outside world, chasing after butterflies and dreams. Perhaps, one day when I’m a mother of my own,  I will have the courage.  

And like any other mums, with so much of love and attention going around, there are always the constant reminders and the occasionally nagging. Still, she trusted both me and my sis enough to let us be who we are today, and where we stand today. 

Home without mom wouldn't be complete.
 That's what makes me love going back home. Home is where I can feel small again

And I’m glad I remember how it feels like to be back home, to be her little girl.

No comments: