Cheers to a good closing

It has been a long week, and when I mean long, I mean really long. At one point, I feel like a Chinese acrobat- in a constant state of finely multiple balancing, spinning plates on sticks....if any of the plates would slightly tip over, all hell breaks loose. Gah, I’m trying to be a good juggler here.

Again, not all stories have a fairy tale ending. I have to say balancing both work and studies all at the same time is not as easy as balancing a see-saw, of course. Well, I don’t want to be sound like a grumpy old lady but boss will always be boss, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass. It doesn't help much that I’m working in a small but competitive industry with everyone knows everyone! Like it or not, unwelcoming politics and mind-playing games would just come naturally knocking at your door. Yet as it says, ‘what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.’

To be fair, I’ll have to confess the learning curve is wide and there is ample room for learning, exploration and possibly, a breakthrough. Personally, I’m taking my baby steps into something...hopefully, bigger and better. And there came a time when I questioned myself on what I really want, the direction that I’m heading to...and I hope all these will spark something in me that would make 2010 a wonderful year.

For the past week, especially over at Mobile Youth Unconference, I had been meeting a lot of my peers who are inspiring and engaging in their very own way. I hate to use the word but yea...networking. You know, it sounds like friends for benefits. Hah.

Honestly, I would have to say the Unconference is indeed nothing but a bold move- pioneering in wanting to change the landscape of the youth market is definitely ambitious! The concept behind was pretty much experimental and most often, people are not ready to see things in a certain way. In one way or the other, the end results might not have a very much big impact in anyone of us rather a ground for us to meet people and make friends. So it was a good start.

***

I can freely admit to you, I was so needed a break in the midst of these layered and entwined moments. Yay for me, because I had one of the best evening outing so far, with the girls over at Putrajaya with pleasant weather, good company, pretty lightings and lots of laughter going around! Bliss, just bliss :)

And oh, today I had waffle with ice cream, and a good old root beer float at A&W! Definitely classic!

There, a good closing to end my weekdays! And there are the weekends to look forward to- girl’s day out with sis on Saturday and of course, church on Sunday-moments of serenity and healing.

Anyway I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead :)


6 comments:

the queen of catastrophes said...

you are uniquely special on a level unparalleled of the average person.. bedmate, you stand out and you stand out with conviction and with purpose, because you were not in any way made to fit in.
go on with yourself and it it lead you not to bigger and better things but way way way beyond that.

aly

Japheth Lim Gene-Harn said...

I was waiting so long for this post la sister =) hahhaa hugs* it's a sure thing, we will bump into each one again for some next random youth things, haha. May Blessings with you =)

-gene-

cyan_loh said...

Aly- Thanks bedmate! Thanks for the encouragement :) On yea, I'm one crazy woman..hah, and I'm going to miss you after our term ends.

Gene- Hahaa, why waiting for this post lar?! Oh I only update weekly :) Definitely! You will come back to Kelana and I can always go to Penang to search for good food!! Hee. You take care ya!

Mei-Fern Chong said...

I don't like the term 'networking' too. Lol. I think that's why I'm so antisocial. Networking always has that 'people using people' feel. Oh well. Just a mindset, huh? =P
Photos will be up ASAP. Gotta bug Drea too.

Kimberly said...

AnW root beer float <3

You're doing good, chillax =)God bless! =)

cyan_loh said...

Fern> Haha, thats why we have great mind think alike? :P Oh yea, going to give drea a dateline. OHhhh..pretty pictures, I just dont seem to get over them! LOL.

Kim> Thanks Kimmy :) You too take care,and I would like to hear from you too. Do pursue the course that you are passionate with. Music is actually good by the way :)