busy buzz buzz

After going through 2 weeks of craziness, here I am sitting down on my comfy arm chair with the sunny warm weather with breezing cool wind creeping through the curtains while I'm penning down my thoughts. Well, right now I'm just writing down some of the events randomly, and not according to cronological order. So dont be confused if they dont make sense to you! The weather has been really nice for the past 2 days. Currently the temperature is 78-80 degree, which is around 27 celsius. Man, I really feel so good, as if I'm back home!!

I just came back from Ashland, which is a really neat and small town in southern Oregon. I went there with 30 of AFS students to witness the Oregon Shakespeare Festival which once a year. Yes, to be or not to be. Thats the question. Anyway, we watched 2 plays which are On The Razzle and The Cherry Orchard. No, no...they are NOT shakespeare play although they are part of the festival. Well, On the Razzle is fun and hilarious to watch. What I love the most if the setting. It just splendid!! On the hand, thats the The Cherry Orchard. It's has less action and more dialogues throughout the play so it's kinda hard for us to follow as we might lost track if we are not paying close attention. For goodness sake, even our chaperone fall asleep. Sigh, shame on him!! As for me, I'm trying very hard not to doze off but of coz, I manage to keep my eyes open thoughtout the play. I love the way they project the lighting and Im sure they put lots of effort into it. But the play has a sad ending though. Im not going any further on the plays because I know I will go on and on about in till it becomes too wordy!!

So before I left to Ashland, I went to Outdoor School camp as a student leader for the fourth graders. No worries, I put up a good example for the kids. Its actually an Oregon thing coz ONLY oregon has this Outdoor School program where everyone is high school has the chance to be a student leader for the fourth and sixth graders which kids from the age of 10-12 years old. Kids learn about Oregon history from the student leaders and basically, just having fun and educational at the same time!! This is a good experience for me to learn about the history as I have no idea what's happening during the pioneer days. oh speaking of pioneer, we are required to put on our vintage and pioneer dress which is really fun. The kids look so adorable in their costume yet I looked kind of silly. So I was away for a week to be part of this Outdoor School program. I had a blast there although it was kind of tiring. My feet sore of walking and standing all the time as we hardly have the time to sit down. The only time I have the chance to sit down is doing business in a restroom or aka toilet. ( Americans DONT refer is as a toilet) Hahaha, dont believe me eh? Seriously, Im not joking!!! Man, I didnt realise sitting down on a toilet seat can be such a luxury. I actually sitting down for a couple of minutes before I get up, at the mean I'm actually slacking off...heee. My friend is even funnier. She took off her shoes and rubbing her toes!!!!! LOL. I met some really nice and cool people. I'm just so glad they are so into my culture and in return, they taught me the american culture. They are like, ' Do u know how to burp?" and they said, " Siyan, you are f**king awesome!!" Haha, of coz she did not say in front of the kids. I enjoyed meeting new friends from different school, and of coz the virginia reel and camp fire!! Viginia reel is a good workout!! Hahaha... People getting sick during the camp but surprisingly, I'm getting better. Oops, I must have pass on to them. Nope, I'm not finish yet. So we have to come out a nickname or ODS name for ourselves. Well, my ODS name is Siyana. I know, I know...there is no difference. I dont know why, but people has a hard time remembering Siyan, and most of them refer me as Siyana so thats how I got the name from. But now I have a new nickname from ODS which is *drum rolls pls* - Dry Duck! This is due of my lack of knowledge and skill in swimming.

Erm... next I went to a nike campus. Why they called it as a campus yet not a company? This is because they have everything under one roof just like a campus, and trust me, it doesnt look like a company at all!! They have basketball court, soccer field, gym, tennis court, daycare center, a cafe where they served liquor and.....everything you can name it!! I have been a nike shoe
maniac during my mid teens and I always dream of being a marketing manager for nike. I'm sure some of friends remember that. Right, su ling? But of coz I outgrown from the fantasy but on second thought, I really wish I can work there some day. But my actual long term goal is to work with United Nations. Pls dont try to burst my bubble and tell me, dream on girl! coz dreams really come true! And I went to nike employee store. The tees there are cheap but most of them are like XXL. Even the S size is like the M size. I expected the shoes to be cheaper but I'm sad to say it's not! It reasonable price like maybe RM160-180. I mean I get them
in Malaysia within that price range. As I'm well equipped with the latest shoe design and fashion, so I know what worth to buy and what not. So I bought 2 pairs of nike shoe for the price of RM180 which will costs about RM300 back in Malaysia. Yup, thats a good price!! Dont ask me how much I spent on nike stuffs, coz I really dont want to talk about it. It makes me feel bad, hahaha.

I learnt how to ride a bike during the weekends. I have sore and bruises everywhere, almost everywhere. I have this training wheels on the back of my bike, which is so cute!!! I have yet quite learn how to ride yet, but I'm almost there. I ran into a car that was parked beside the sidewalk and kaboom!!! Great, I had a cut on my ankle and the car has a scratch on it. OOch!! Moreover, that's my neighbour's car! I dont think he notice though...heee.

May is definitely a busy and crazy month for me. Well, there is more to come!!

No comments: