rewarding ONE

as you guys know, i'm tutoring the homeless kids on every thursday afternoon, after class. moreover, i have to take 3 buses in order to get there. ok.. u dunno?? by the way, now u know...!! haha..i'm just crapping.

well, well..they are a bunch of amazing kids!! i love them instantly..yea, love at first sight! :P
they may not have the chance to enjoy the luxuries like we do. i bet they dun even know who's sponge bob square pants is! besides, they have poor command of english as they are immigrants. Yet they take pride of themselves, and enjoy every single little thing in life which we often neglected and overlooked. we always complained how unfair our life is, but have you ever think of those who are way unfortunate than us?

Spending my 90 minutes per week out of 10080 minutes seems nothing to me, to be frank. Yet the 90 minutes are indeed one rewarding moment for me. Trust me, it's so rewarding to see their smiles than receiving my spm results (in fact, i did pretty good) they are so contented with what they have, no complaints at all!! read my lips: no complaints at all!! I'm trying my best to do my part, hoping they will be better person. to them, education is the way to abolish poverty. they lived an apartment where 10 people live togther with grandma, grandpa, uncles and unties.. no joke, i tell ya! And there's a 9years old gal who has to babysit her 2 years old baby sis every day after school coz her mum need to work and earn a living. ask urself, wat u do when u r 9years old?

there's a gal, Sofina, who so sweet and in fact, she's the one who inspired and encouraged me from the first day i know her. during the first time i met her, i was teaching her maths. and she was like, " teacher, i dun understand wat other teachers are saying, but i only understand you." although she doesnt speak good english, but i still manage to get her message (hopefully i got the right one XD). izit it sweet?? i was like...aww..thank you. She even gave me a hug at the end of tha day. during the second time, she was really excited to meet me and she requested me to volunteer twice a week instead of once a week ( now im still thinking about it) . She treated me as a fren and im really glad about it.

They may seems like any other ordinary kids, but they make wonders in my life. Its not me who make a difference in their lives, instead is them who make an impact in mine. I hoped and prayed that they have the same opportunities and treatments like any other kids to live a better life. They deserved it!

I'm going to highlight my hair tomorrow *wee* definitely wil post the pic later..haha, wat colour u ask?? surprise surprise!! Bonnie and Greg are going to buy me dinner at a fancy restaurant as a celebration for my spm WITHOUT tagging the kids along!! yeah!! they are going to hire a babysitter. so babysitter, anyone? haha... Going to hang out and spend a night over Dakota's house on saturday in Beaverton *evil grin* adult's night!! maybe will drop by at downtown to join the protest rally on Sun...woo.. PEACe OuT!

No comments: