Till then we meet again.

Bon & Greg
Another weekend signaling another week had just gone by- it seems almost so surreal that I actually spent the last week roaming around Malaysia with Bonnie and Greg. I wouldn’t have thought that day will come by so soon and till now, I still finding it a little too surreal, too perfect to digest.

I spent a week long together with Bon and Greg, travelling from KL to Penang, and then to Langkawi and back to KL.

We stayed in a neat hotel along Penang Road. Penang Road is such a gem, maintaining most of the vintage and dingy shops with paint peeling ceilings and wrinkled doors. As I write this, I am grinning wide at a particular incident whereby Greg dropped his slipper into a drain while we were walking along the Penang Street; a sewage drain or some sort. As he was bending down his body to pick it up, his glasses fell off from his shirt pocket and there it went down the drain! Thankfully he did manage to pick both his slipper and glasses up before they float to anywhere further. My first reaction was, OH NO, it is his first time in Malaysia! Well oh well, it was plain hilarious I tell you! 

We also had some of the most amazing gluttony experiences with the famous Char Koay Teow and Cendol. The noodles used in Penang were so much springy than in KL. The prawns were so huge that you can feel the succulent crunch on every other bite!  And a bowl of Cendol on a hot day was such a brilliant idea!

We then dropped by over my grandma’s place for a bit. I think I learned equally as much as Bonnie did, about my grandma, my family’s history and the different branches of my family tree.  I felt rather ashamed for not knowing much, or being oblivious all this while. Now I can tell you my family is indeed an interesting bunch, with long lifespan heredity (above 100 years old) and being Christians for 7 generations now! 

Meanwhile holiday over at Langkawi was all about beach getaway. We spent most days basking in the glorious sun and taking lazy naps on a sunlounger. One day we were out snorkeling beneath the clear water of Pulau Payah and the next day, we were back to the beach again soaking in the warm sunshine while sipping away Pina Colada!

Bon loves going to night market so much that we visited every single night market we possibly could! It is probably the best place to look for some real good deals and bargains. And also, the best place to snack on street food! As most of the time we were happily munching on the nicely roasted apam balik! She too had such a fond craving for nasi lemak that we finally found a place that serves nasi lemak with satay on a side, and washed down with a good old teh tarik. All her favourite food in one place! That was worth a celebration!

On the last day, we rented a car and drove around Langkawi coast. It was a timely decision because the weather was wet and rainy. Though we didn’t board on the cable car due to the weather, we did manage to tour around several landmarks and at last, we ended our trip with a spa treat! Oh so much joy!

Soon enough, we had to say our goodbyes.  

I was wrong to think that this second time goodbye will go easier on us. But it wasn’t. It was no different than the first. It fact, it was harder. But I sure hope our goodbyes are short because I am looking forward to a lifetime memories with them.

No comments: