Like meeting an old lover

Picture was taken at Florida Airport| 2007

If I would have to pick a place where I teared up the most, airport would be it; while my bedroom comes close to second. Truth to be told, those are tears of joy and sadness that are twisted together in the most undefining manner.  And so, I eventually develop a bittersweet feeling for airports. But one thing for sure, even as a kid and till at the present time, I still love seeing airplanes taking off. What seemingly as effortless and gracefulness is something that I marveled upon.

***
Luckily I managed to board into the bus just in time. There were plenty of vacant seats available and almost spontaneously, I plopped myself onto a window seat. Looking around, most people were minding on their own business so quietly that their conversation seemed inaudible. But I felt my heart was beating so fast that it was going to pop!  

The journey to airport seemed to be little longer than usual. I stared blankly on my reflection at the window. But as I was looking passed through the window, strings of thoughts and flashbacks came flooding to my mind. With “I started a joke” by Bee Gees playing on the background, I was then dwelled into my little own world. Fragments of my American archives and distant memories fluttered in a cobwebbed corner of my mind. Moments like these were so real that they put a choke up in my throat and sheen of moisture on my eyes.

Again, I reminded myself not to tear. Not in the bus.

***
I tried to fight back my tears, but I failed miserably. As soon as Bonnie arrived at the terminal, I teared up. Almost immediately, I threw my arms around her and hugged her as tightly as I could! Tears were rolling down my cheeks. The more I tried to control, the harder it fell. For momentarily, her presence seemed almost so surreal!

I’m not quite sure how it feels like having to meet an old lover. But I guess it’s a whirlpool of emotions clashing all up together, and this pretty much sum it all up!  

2 comments:

Jin Phern said...

saying good bye to an old friend leaving to overseas?

cyan_loh said...

Haha nope jin phern, my host parents from US came over to visit me :) They always made me a cry baby! Hee.