Beautiful Mess

After a long, arduous week of too much work and too little sleep, I am so relieved that weekends are finally here.  Today is probably one of my most unproductive days, with glorious 12 hours of sleep! Woke up feeling uplifted and recharged, guess I couldn’t be any happier :)

I can foresee more sleepless nights to come, as slowly workload is getting heavier and somewhat seems like an era of warfare. Finally I had decided on sociology, the much waited and anticipated elective. But I am glad for my patience. Sociology has always piqued my interest in many ways and so I made up my mind to wait (waited for almost a year!). No wonder people say beautiful things have to wait upon. Of course there is a risk, the risk of getting a depressing lecturer, the risk of having a miserable course structure. Guess I am lucky. Throughout my almost 3 years in uni, this tops of all the classes I have attended, so far. He is sarcastically funny, and stimulatingly smart. You can never go wrong with humor and intelligence, a very nice combo.  He urged us to smell the dandelion and catch the butterflies. He taught us to be rebellious students. He detested boring people. He might not be always right but this is how exactly I like it to be. Bold. Contemporary.


Yet again, it is one hell of taxing subject with loads of reading and understanding. But with every page flipped, a new perspective gained.  It is beautifully interesting and abstract, sandwich in between of psychology. Definitely demands more of my attention and effort.

Beautiful things definitely worth the wait, but it never come easy either.


4 comments:

nylyw said...

hey Cyan! nice picture you got there and i love what it says. Glad to hear you are enjoying sociology so far. :)

cyan_loh said...

Thanks wy lyn :) Me likey it too, and it's so true! Hahaa yeap, but it's much tougher than ADP socio :| Makes me feel stupid all the time, hah!

nylyw said...

Hehe, I know that feeling too. That was how I felt in Mr.Baldev's class.

suling said...

Don't you just love lecturers who stimulate your interest? Glad socio is heaps good for you! Wish it was for me! <3 <3