Predict the unpredictable

I worked for two weeks, and earned less than RM100. That’s pathetic I know.

To be frank, my intention is not so much on earning extra cash. Since I have P24 stuffs that needed to done in college as fax and phone calls are involved. The thought of doing something productive, earning extra cash for example strike my mind. I mean I have traveled to and fro all the way from Shah Alam, might as well I stay a little bit longer and earn extra cash right? Not a harm idea and it makes sense after all *cheeky grin*

I worked as telemarketer, being told I have great potential in this field. Well, this is an undeniable fact. (Something to proud with, hehe) But let me tell you this, telemarketing is a serious business, and to say this, not everyone is capable to carry out this job. Well, definitely not me! I totally can’t imagine myself stuck in a cubicle for hours repeating the same old conversation again, again and again like zillion times over the phone. Routine definitely not my thing. It’s ok on the first day, still surviving on the second, hardly could breath on the third, and going to die any time soon (ok, a little bit over the board here) ….but seriously, it was easy but one tiring job. I guess I’m more the kind of person who has itching feet and love to walk around.

But surprisingly, I managed to survive till the 6th or 7th day. (I took off between my 2 weeks work, so technically I work less than 2 weeks)

Due to I’m still surviving, I have to give credits to Melissa! She’s fun, chirpy, lovably, real life wire, and definitely a person who gives u positive energy (Mel, don’t kembang k?) We worked in the same office and stuck together cheerfully. I definitely going to miss her as she’s going to transfer to psychology department, but I’m sure she will be back coz she still owes me a lunch (Aha! Oh well, I will be transferring to there too in like 8 months time, regardless you like it or not, Mel *bluek*)

Apart from knowing Melissa, I did have some what some memorable moments during my work stints. Once, Mel and I were laughing over people’s names, for instance Paul Kong. Mel misheard as Poh Kong, and the entire sudden, she burst out of laughter. I couldn’t help giggling (it was contagious) and in the end, I slammed down the phone and poor Paul Kong, was like heeeeellloooo.. So later on when I called back, I gave the lamest excuse I could think of, saying there was something wrong with the phone line. (Smart eh? Yeah right! I bet he could heard my giggling sounds on the background)

I even encountered some one who claimed I’m calling from balai polis!! For goodness sake (banging my head on the wall) do I sound like a policewoman or FBI to you?!!

On the last day of my work, I was placed on the upper foyer. Yippee, no longer stuck in the cubicle! (Mel, don’t jealous!) Finally there was fresh air, there was sun light, there were people! Joke asides. I met Mr Williams, a counselor from Help who came to my high school two years back ago for an education fair. Amazingly, he still remembered me!! I bet he met hundred, thousands of students every year and it amused me that the fact he remembered me as the girl with thick black rimmed glasses, wearing tie, and was the emcee for that fair. Even my own high school teachers were having difficulties recognizing me when I first came back here. What’s more, he’s just a counselor who I came across barely 2 hours in two years back.

We met acquaintances along the way. Some we remember some don’t. Some we cherish, some we ignore. Some enduring, some temporary.

But things can be funny at times. It will happen at the very least you expected it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Why didn't you tell me I mispelled your name in my post about telemarketing? you doink la! now so pai-sehing k!! yishhh...but since you MENTIONED MY NAME in your blog post, I shall bestow my forgiveness upon you.

No worries, i didn't kembang. Well, at least not much. HAHAHAH!! It's really boring if you were to work alone there la. Being deprived of PROPER conversation. I mean, the only conversation we get is "hello, i'm calling from blablabla" -_-

OHHHHHHH! 2 days back, this telemarketer woman called me...said one long string of words and i was like "err, saya tak senang sekarang. call back lain kali?" LOL!! then when i put down the phone i was like "oh geez.." Bet that lady was feeling what i once felt. hehe. AT LEAST I DIDN'T HANG UP LA RITE!?

since when i owe you lunch? Why suddenly only i owe you lunch edi wan? Sendiri say only. -_-

All the best in your 2nd sem in HMC!! I shall go over to the other side and PSYCHO my life away. =)