the other half of a circle

During my 6 months stay in the States, I ......


1. never encounter a toll in highway ( there is no toll here!!! NO touch n go, smart tag or what so ever)

2. wear my shoes or flip flop for 24/7

3. nener seen a kancil or proton around ( erm, I wonder why? :P)

4. addicted to foosball ( I call it baby foot)

5. had the most expensive haircut ever!!!

6. survive without cellphone (celebrate!!!!! eer..whats my cell phone num?)

7. walk most of the time to almost everywhere!!!

8. never been to so many places in my 18 years life!!

9. have been meeting all sorts of people (hippies, yuppies, whinners..you name it)

10. have been flying around by airplane

11. got lost 3 times but managed to find my way back.

12. watch the most R-rated movies ( nude and naked means anything at all XD)



After my 6 months stay in The State, I.......

1. am more brave and adventurous

2. realise how small the world is

3. hunger for more adventure

4. realise US is not that great afterall

5. am proud to be a Malaysian

6. learn to appreciate hippies culture

7. love art (art is fun!!)

8. learn to work with people I dont like

9. cant wait to lead an adult life when I get back home

10. wish to travel coutries like uzbekistan, khazaktan

11. insipred to ride a bike

12. hope to continue volunteering when I get back home.

13. fall in love with weezer

14. want to join a all girl football team/ futsal

15. pick up some American slang

16. not used to Malaysian la, lo and ma...

17. see things in a bigger picture



FaCts



Sports I play the most while in US

Soccer or football ( whatever!! what matter is GOAL!)


Sports I watch the most

Baseball ( and I still dont understand the game)


Favourite ice cream

Cold stone or maybe Ben and Jerry's



Favourite clothing brand

Gap



Favourite hang out place

Hawthorn, downtown, waterfront, AFS's office esp the guys' room (hehehe),Nicole's house and my house!!!



Type of fruit I had the most in US

Strawberries



Type of Fish I had the most in US

Salmon



Favourite fast food outlet

burgerville!!!! ( One and only in Oregon)



People who I miss the most

My host family, AFS staffs: Justin, Pete, Andrew, Florian, Caren, Erin and etc, US peeps : Joe, Nicole, Oyama, Lily, Kelsey, Perry and Jack.



Greg thinks I'm funny

Bonnie always related me with flip flops, and thinks I will grow up to be my mum.

AFS staffs think I'm great, far beyond great to be exact!

Joe thinks I'm sweet and nice

Nicole thinks I'm funny and cute

Oyama always related me with pigs

Lily thinks I always bring out the girlie girl in her, always make her giggling

Kelsey think I'm cute but not asian enough

Perry thinks I'm silly and funny (perry stinks!!! Oh, its a joke between us two)

Jack called me woman



What Americans call me...

Siyana, woman, Si ngan, foreigner



Behind the scene

I'm came from a long way, really a long way. Well, its time to give my myself a pat on the shoulder. I really want to give thanks to God for everything, EVRYTHING. Seriously, everything is being planned nicely, and I have no pain in the butt. It was a bumpy ride, but I did not get to go through it, because everything happens behind the scene.

Initially, I was not selected to be part of this program, but thanks to Brunei for giving us extra 10 places. So I got a phone call from AFS, and later I realised I was one of the lucky person. Bonnie and Greg dont actually plan to host a student, due to the fact that they had a rough time last year. They decided to be a welcome family meaning a temporary one but they end up keeping me as a permenant. I guess everything works well afterall. Lana who is my liason doesnt want to be a liason this year, because she want to have more time for herself. But since I stay in same neighbourhood as her, so she gave in and she just told me, how much fun she had with me. See, everything just works so well. You have no idea how greatful and thankful I am that I hosted in a city, dont have to deal with mean hormone raging host siblings, high school drama, cat fights or what not.



I make the right choice to be here. The experience to be here is rewarding and enriching, just priceless!! Honestly, I wouldn trade this with anything else, not even a scholarship. I gained so much more exposure, experience and knowledge than I expected. What happens IF I did not take the chane to be here? Erm... I bet I will be working as a part time waitress, spending my 3 months in NS and starting college. I'm excited to go home meeting up with my family and friends, but I'm looking forward to be back here too. I wonder what my friends up to, have they change or its me who a different person now. Frankly, I do get annoyed when my Malaysian peeps pouring all those typical college problems to me like she dont like me, what should I do.. and blah blah. I mean I am willing to lend you an ear, but there's no point complaining and whinning about your regrets and indulge in your sadness. Grow up and take action!!! Think of a solution!! After this 6 months experience here, no doubt I have became more mature and started to view things differently. I no longer afraid of roadblocks, bumpy ride or even car sick.


Dont afraid to rock the boat a lil
Dont afraid to colour outside the line when it's necessary.


Will be leaving Portland on the 24
Spend 2 days in Seattle
Spend 4 days in DC
and I'm back to Mslaysia.

1 comment:

Wong Ken Ming said...

Wow. Kinda long this time. I'm writing this while I pack so, sorry if I missed much :P.

I didn't know it was 4 days in D.C. Thanks.

Ken.

P.S. You can borrow the book if you really want to.